Another post-Bacc question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NMH2001

Ferret Momma
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am aware that you can raise your undergrad GPA by either taking a formal post bacc program or taking classes on your own.

My question is, what about someone who goes on to get another undergrad degree? I have B.A in Bio with a 3.0 cum, and a second undergrad in Medical Technology with a 3.62 cum. when added together it is a measly 3.12. Will med schools look at the more recent coursework (ie the 70 hours of med tech credits?) rather than the overall GPA??

Thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

Schools will look at improvement over the course of one's career, but grades in your prereqs are going to be pretty important regardless of when you took them. Unfortunately, the cumulative GPA is used as a cutoff in a number of places, so apply to a variety of schools. Other than that, cross your fingers -- the whole process is a crapshoot!

When you figure out your GPA using AMCAS, they count each course individually. Therefore, it doesn't matter if you have two degrees or one. It also doesn't matter if the courses were towards a degree or post-bacc.

Hope this makes sense.