1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

Another RC question

Discussion in 'DAT Discussions' started by DDS2BE, Apr 27, 2004.

1. DDS2BE

DDS2BE Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Dentist
    I've seen a lot of threads dealing with RC, but it seems that none of them answered my question. First of all, English is my second language and RC has been by biggest concern. I have been getting 16-17 :smuggrin: on Kaplan RC by simply reading the questions and then fishing out the answers. I hope more practice should improve my score by 1-2.

Do you think my RC score should improve on the real DAT, stay the same or decrease?

I understand practice is the key, but reading is a skill.

What was your experience taking RC in comparison to Kaplan/TS emulation?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. DDS2BE

DDS2BE Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Dentist
    OOOOOPS, will be more careful next time no to make multiple threads

4. sxr71

sxr71 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

No kidding!

On a more serious note, generally your RC score will improve on the real DAT in relation to Kaplan or Top Score numbers. However, they generally don't improve as much as when you compare science numbers.

I think the DAT reading comprehension test is one where you can make gains by practicing in the short term. You might want to try other strategies that people have suggested on these forums, such as reading question stems or by reading the sentence of each paragraph first etc. These different strategies have been described in detail in a fairly recent thread here. Give them a try and find a strategy that works best for you. One thing that would help us help you is if you can tell us where your errors lie. Are you finishing on time? Are you making "careless" mistakes? Are there any particular types of questions that you get wrong? And so on.