Hello. You will hear much from me in this forum from now on. With no acceptances and a post interview rejection from my state school, I am almost certain that I will need to reapply next cycle. I am unsure if I should retake the MCAT in August or keep my current score (V:10 B:10 :9 WS:M) from August 2004. My app was largely killed this cycle because I applied late (not complete until late Dec/early Jan) and only became complete at 5 schools (I discovered SDN after applying. I know now this was stupid). I have a 3.5 Cum and 3.3 Science GPA, but I have a maintained a 3.7/3.7 taking heavy science courses in my last two years of undergrad (I had a 3.0/2.8 Freshman year). I am certain that I can improve my MCAT if I retake it in August as I would spend an insane amount of time preparing for it. I would use a test prep company (I didin't the first time) so I had easy access to more materials. Nevertheless, I do not know if an improvement in my MCAT would outweigh the timing disadvantage that comes with the August MCAT. Since I have no section below a 9 and two 10s , I am not sure how much my app would be helped by a better score. Although most of the steps to improve my app seem clear to me (finishing this semester with all As, getting a job with loads of clinical experience, adding LORs, applying to more schools, filling AMCAS in June, changing PS) I do not know what I should do about the MCAT. If I didn't retake, I would become complete in July and dedicate my time this summer working in a job with lots of clinical experience. Since I know my original score is decent, I am leaning to not retake. However, this decision would be hard for me since I know I would improve it on the retake (especially the 9 in PS and WS). If you were in my shoes, what would you do?