drmwvr

10+ Year Member
Dec 2, 2008
Status
  1. Non-Student
What a defeatist attitude that only serves to keep blacks towards the lower rung of society.....
Bottom line in Pride, community, and Family are the differences when it comes to black vs asian communities. Yes, this is a generalization but a true one.

this story is repeated time and time again...ironically adjacent to African American's...San Francisco in the mid to late 70's was where Vietnamese refugees ended up, and their children are now Cal, Stanford and Santa Clara grads far and away out performing their impoverished counterparts. In fact, now in San Francisco, the neighborhoods that were once predominantly black families are now 30 something dual income non-married whites, non-black, non-hispanic. I shudder to think what happened to the African American community there, but if the aggressive family planning campaigns that I was a witness to during those times had anything to do with it, It is an absolute tragedy and I suspect a direct result of progressive social policy.

emergentmd

10+ Year Member
Jul 6, 2008
Status
  1. Attending Physician
Bottom line is if a family wants to change their trajectory, they must bootstrap it. If a community wants to change their trajectory, then most of the families must bootstrap it. If a race wants to change their trajectory, them most of the communities must bootstrap it.

Asian communities look at education as a way out of poverty. Black communities look at athletics as a way out of poverty. Difference is education gives you a 2+standard deviation chance to succeed than making it to the Pros in sports.

Reactions: 1 users

drmwvr

10+ Year Member
Dec 2, 2008
Status
  1. Non-Student
Asian communities look at education as a way out of poverty. Black communities look at athletics as a way out of poverty. Difference is education gives you a 2+standard deviation chance to succeed than making it to the Pros in sports.
There is no equivalency in the ratio of AF kids actively participating in sports at even the high school level let alone good enough to go on to Asian kids just being in school. It's a cultural problem that's been exacerbated by failed social (albeit well intentioned) policy.

emergentmd

10+ Year Member
Jul 6, 2008
Status
  1. Attending Physician
Asian kids play sports too but academics are what is ingrained to be of most importance for success. Black kids play sports too but academics are not ingrained as the most importance for success.

The economically disadvantaved/poor have it ingrained that social programs is what they need to succeed. What they don't realize is this is what systemically keeps them down. Its like a drug. Once you get on welfare, it is hard to pull that needle out of your arm.

When we immigrated to this country, my parents and my siblings could not speak a work of English. We had the shirt on our back and that was about it. We were way poorer than almost all of my peers. We were on welfare, foods tamps, school meal programs like most poor blacks, whites, hispanics.

But even at an early age (10 yrs old), I was ashamed of using food stamps and pointing to my name on the school meal list. Until the black community becomes ashamed of being on welfare and reject it as a fabric of their family, they will never succeed.

People think that we need more welfare programs. What we need is less and allow people to take pride in their successes.

Just like a druggie, why would you give them more drugs to keep them hooked? But these minority communities continue to vote democrats who knowingly promise more drugs(social welfare) to keep getting reelected.

From my vantage point, it is sad and pathetic to see the destructive relationship between the poor black communities and the democratic party.

Reactions: 1 user

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads