Another Start Up Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DoKi12

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am currently finishing up my residency in Chicago and interested in starting my own practice. I understand the area is said to be over-saturated; however, I am obligated to stay here and close to family. I also chose podiatry for the autonomy - the ability to one day be my own boss and start a business. (Of course I didn't understand the changes going on in healthcare at the time and the increasing trend for practitioners to join group practices or hospitals).

Ultimately, I am less concerned with salary than with still pursuing this goal of independence, but of course I do want to be successful. So, my questions as I create a business plan and weigh my options are:

What does the average pod gross before overhead expenses (more specifically in Chicago or another urban setting)?

What is considered reasonable/average for monthly rent when leasing a space?

I realize there are many variables when asking these questions, but any input/advice would be greatly appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.