Another thread about ERAS formatting

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ialwayslose

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have searched without end for an up-to-date answer to my formatting question about separating bullet-point lists on ERAS. While I have found numerous previous threads, they all seem outdated since the "View my CV" view now appears to be formatting on separate lines with hard returns.

I was just wondering what the consensus was on formatting lists on your ERAS, such as under the "awards" category or research experience descriptions.

There really ought to be a way to preview what the reviewers will see...

Members don't see this ad.

I have searched without end for an up-to-date answer to my formatting question about separating bullet-point lists on ERAS. While I have found numerous previous threads, they all seem outdated since the "View my CV" view now appears to be formatting on separate lines with hard returns.

I was just wondering what the consensus was on formatting lists on your ERAS, such as under the "awards" category or research experience descriptions.

There really ought to be a way to preview what the reviewers will see...

I prefer separation with commas or semicolons.

One other ERAS formatting question! For activities you are still involved in, how do you indicate "present" in the dates section for each experience entry? I put the start date in but if I leave the end date blank, when I preview my CV it just displays the start date and makes it seem like I only was involved for that month/year, as opposed to that month/year to the present day.

Reactions: 1 user
bump, i would also like to know the answer to the above q.

One other ERAS formatting question! For activities you are still involved in, how do you indicate "present" in the dates section for each experience entry? I put the start date in but if I leave the end date blank, when I preview my CV it just displays the start date and makes it seem like I only was involved for that month/year, as opposed to that month/year to the present day.
What is this month and year?

What is this month and year?
For example, if I am still involved in an activity I started in 6/2013 I can put 6/2013 as the start date but what do I put for end date if I'm still involved in it? Omitting an end date just makes it show up as "6/2013" on my ERAS CV which implies I only did the activity for a month, which isn't the case!

Hey all,

I'm starting the blah process of putting my CV into ERAS. A few questions:

1. For awards section, it seems like people haven't used bullets in the past. I was just going to start a new line for each, it looks fine of the preview. What are other ppl doing?

2. Experience descriptions. I was planning on putting like a few sentences max vs. even bullets, just as it is on my CV. Does this seem reasonable? I just want to make sure ppl aren't doing like a whole paragraph (like applying to med school style), because I got screwed on my app to med school cuz I didn't know we were supposed to...

Thanks!

Hey all,

I'm starting the blah process of putting my CV into ERAS. A few questions:

1. For awards section, it seems like people haven't used bullets in the past. I was just going to start a new line for each, it looks fine of the preview. What are other ppl doing?

2. Experience descriptions. I was planning on putting like a few sentences max vs. even bullets, just as it is on my CV. Does this seem reasonable? I just want to make sure ppl aren't doing like a whole paragraph (like applying to med school style), because I got screwed on my app to med school cuz I didn't know we were supposed to...

Thanks!

As long as it looks adequate (and readable) on the preview then you are fine. Do 1-2 sentences (max) per experience if you prefer, but do not expand too much as it will just get unread. If you want to highlight something that is really important to you, consider working it into your personal statement in some way.