Another UCLA Question For Those In The Know

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Percocet

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey folks-

Those with UCLA connections of some sort- can you tell me what percent of interviewees there are accepted? I know that some schools interview waaaayyy more students than they accept (like temple-accepts 1 in 4) and some interview only those with greater than 50/50 chance (1 in 2). So where does the UCLA stand relative to this?

Thanks for the help all!

Perc-

Members don't see this ad.

I heard from someone that this year it has been a bit unusual because they have not filled up the class as quickly as expected. Even with that in mind, I also heard that the interviews right now are mostly to place students on the waitlist. However, if the class is not filling that fast, perhaps one still has a good chance of getting in even if they are on the waitlist.

I think that for most schools, the early interviews are pretty selective whereas the later the application proccess, the more likely you are competing against many more applicants. For instance, interviewing before Dec. 1 means you have an extremely good chance of getting in (UOP said 99%; UCLA didn't say, but it is really high as well)

Hey perc,

did you get an interview invite from UCLA?

Members don't see this ad :)
hey xc1999-

I just got a phone call Monday morning from Kristy Fong asking me if I was still interested in UCLA, and then when I said yes, she told me they wanted me to come for an interview on the 21st of this month. Have you been there? To be quite honest, I about crapped my pants, since UCLA was my "reach" school, and I had thought they had forgotten about me since I hadn't heard from them in forever. anyhow, I am pretty stoked- just hope now that I don't make an a$$ out of myself during the interview, or write a babbling essasy. If you have any advice, I'd love to hear it!

Perc

Hey Perc,

Kristy emailed me actually just today about the 21st.....I don't know if I can make it though cause that's the day my lab is in, and I already put my deposit in for Temple. Plus I REALLY liked Temple....and don't really know if I'd feel the same way about UCLA since it doesn't have as much of a clinical emphasis. Anyhow, i don't have any advice (obviously since I haven't interviewed there), but from what I've heard, they're most likely interviewing for the waitlist right now. And I have to agree with you....I, too, was quite surprised that they emailed me. I thought I'd end up getting a rejection letter from them!

Are there any other schools you have in mind besides UCLA? what is your first choice?

xc1999-

I PM'd you.

Perc-

To the interviewees of the April 21st session at UCLA, has anyone heard from UCLA yet about their decision?

Sam