Another "what are my chances" P.s im Canadian!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mar3

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello fellow SDNers
I am looking for a little advice.
sGPA 3.56 and cGPA 3.67. I submitted my aacomas application august 24th after receiving my 2nd attempt MCAT scores.
1st: 23O (7,7,9)
2nd: 29O (9,8vr, 12)
needless to say I was devastated.. I was averaging 30-32 on practice and i did a total of 15 full length exams ( kaplan +aamc)... so even if I rewrite ( which i really reallly do not want to do) i dont know if i can do much better...

I decided to withdraw my MD app and submit for DO instead.
I have found a DO in my local area who I am shadowing and is willing to write me a LOR.

Im not sure if im doing the right thing here. Should I wait a year rewrite ( or atleast submit early) and apply US MD again? or just apply canadian MD and US DO this year and get on with my life.

My only concern with DO is the trouble I would have trying to get back to Canada. Most of canada does not even know what a D.O is.. we literally have about a dozen or so in the whole country.

But also know that the Canadian osteopathic association is working on the recognition issues and legal practices rights and stuff and ive been told by many ppl that by the time i graduate D.O's in canada will be just like D.O's in the U.S...

Thanks in adnavce for reading my rant adn for all your advice. :)

Members don't see this ad.

You didn't need to withdraw your MD profile, you could've submitted both. Your numbers are on the low side for US MD, but they're not vastly lower. Maybe being Canadian ups the demands of your numbers but still.