Another What Are My Chances Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gogogurt

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Removed by poster

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
There's always a chance.

It's not "too late" in mid June.]

At least you have some clinical experience, though minimal, and adcomms will not be convinced that you know what medicine is all about.

At this point, not knowing your MCAT for sure, your application will not stand out (though actively working in theater, if that is your job, would make you diverse, and you didn't specify your volunteer activities, so I can't comment about that). A year of more clinical exposure (some variety might be good) and some shadowing, would improve your application and make you more appealing to a variety of schools. Be sure to have some less selective schools in mind, too, not just mid-range, in case your MCAT isn't as hot as you are expecting. Also, do you plan or have any research experience? This isn't required, but again, would make your application more likely to be considered by a wider range of schools. It could be bench, clinical, or non-science, as long as it is a scholarly endeavor.

I'm not saying you should not apply this year, but why not get all your ducks in a row first to give yourself the best chance of succeeding the first time you apply. Application and reapplication can get expensive.