answer these qs???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

godbless

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
1)in intraoral radiography, if the film is exposed twice, how does it affect the image?
2) how will a film exposed on the reverse side will be affected ?

Members don't see this ad.

a) if the film is exposed twice then the exposure will increase , and so will the MAs . and Mas directly propotional to density . so the xray will be more dark .

b) if the film is exposed on the reverse side then you will get the herring bone pattern as the lead will be facing the xray source and the image of the lead will be on the xray after developing .

1)what is the diff bet choristoma and a teratoma?
2)are all malignant cells anaplastic?

Members don't see this ad :)
Godbless....did u take ur Part 2? I think u were scheduled for it long back? How was it???

1)what is the diff bet choristoma and a teratoma?
2)are all malignant cells anaplastic?

Teratoma: a type of germ cell tumor derived from pleuripotent cells composed of elements of different types of tissue of the germ cell layers
Parenchyma: proliferating neoplastic cells
Stroma: supporting connective tissue and blood vessels
Choristoma: ectopic rest of normal tissue
Hamartoma: a mass of disorganized but mature tissue native to the organ

:thumbup: thanks dude!appreciate your prompt help.:)

Hi GODBLESS,

We All Thought You Already Took The Exam..this Is What You Told On Sdn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

on a fracture site... which is the proximal end of the fracture, which is the distal...?pls explain..

on a fracture site... which is the proximal end of the fracture, which is the distal...?pls explain..

Your question is somewhat vague, maybe if you will try to paraphrase or elaborate your question a little bit, you may get the answer that you're anticipating or wanting to know.
Just in case you are referring to the direction of line of fracture, there are two classifications of fractures of the mandible: Favorable and Unfavorable Fracture, depending on whether or not the line of fracture was in such direction as to allow muscular distraction.
In mandibular angle fracture the posterior fragment will be pulled upward if the fracture extends forward (or anteriorly) toward alveolar ridge from a posterior point on the inferior border. This is termed an UNFAVORABLE FRACTURE.
However, if the inferior border fracture occurs further anteriorly and the line of fracture extends in a distal direction toward the ridge, a FAVORABLE FRACTURE is present. The long angle of the anteroinferior portion will lock the posterior fragment mechanically to withstand upward muscular pull.

If this is not the answer to the question you have in mind then goodluck to the next fellow who will try to help you.

how many grams of epinephrine are in each cartridge (1.8cc) of 2% lidocaine with 1:100,000 epinephrine?
i know the answer is .018mg but HOW DO WE GET THIS?

Members don't see this ad :)
how many grams of epinephrine are in each cartridge (1.8cc) of 2% lidocaine with 1:100,000 epinephrine?
i know the answer is .018mg but HOW DO WE GET THIS?

A solution that contains 1:100,000 (1 gm/100,000 ml of solution) epinephrine is equivalent to 0.01 mg/ml.

1 gm/100,000 ml x 1000 mg/ 1 gm =
1000 mg/100,000 ml=

1000 mg/100,000 ml =
1 mg/100 ml =
0.01 mg/ml

red color means cancel/ cross out i dont know how you call it here... i hope you get it :)

i didnt get it :confused:

1 ml of 2% lidocaine with 1:100,00 epinephrine contain
0.01mg of epinephrine
20mg of lidocaine
0.5mg sodium metabisulfite
1mg methyl paraben
6mg NaCl
and one cartridhe conatin 1.b ml of anestehetic solution, so mutiply all the above values with 1.8...u will get ur answer
and maxmum epnephrine u can give to cardiac risk pt is 0.04mg

sorry it is 1:100,000 epnephrine not 100,00..forgot to print one more zero earlier

sorry lot of printing mistakes..one cartridge contains 1.8ml of anesthetic solution

okie, so .01mg conc of epinephrine is a fact or is a deduction from the data provided?
how did we get this conc on epinephrine?

i didnt get it :confused:

A solution that contains 1:100,000 (1 gm/100,000 ml of solution) epinephrine is equivalent to 0.01 mg/ml.

1000 mg/100,000 ml=
1000 mg/100,000 ml =
1 mg/100 ml =
0.01 mg/ml

1 gm is equivalent to 1000 mg. (need to convert gm to mg)
1 gm of epinephrine per 100,000 ml of solution multiplied by 1000 mg divide by 1 gm.
to get rid of the gram sign, you will cross out the 1 gm in ( 1 gm/100,000 ml) and cross out the other gram sign also in (1000 mg/1 gm).
since you cancel both grams, you are left with just the 1000 mg/100,000 ml.
now you cross out each of their three zeros so to simplify it
and now you are left with just 1 mg/100 ml
now you will divide 1 mg to 100 ml and the answer will be 0.01 mg/ml

i really dont know how to explain this better in understandable way other than how i explained it right now.
not so adept in mathematical terminologies (sorry).
maybe you will need others to help you with this.

i got it now!thanks a lot dude!

3.6 ml of 4% prilocaine solution contains how many mg?
ans is 144, BUT HOW DO WE GET IT??

4% = 4 g / 100ml = 4000 mg /100 ml

then 4000mg / 100ml
x / 3.6 ml

and there you go 144 mg

hope this helps you

1)which malocclusion is more prone to fracture of maxillary anterior teeth?

cl1
cl2 div 1
cl2 div 2
cl3

2)which kennedy claasification of RPDs doesnt have a subdivision?
3)when we get informed consent from form the patient, which one is NOT included?
sideeffects of not getting the treatment
benefits of treatment
signature of a witness
cost of the treatment

4)which is illegal for a dentist?
to have 2 glasses of wine for lunch in between patients
to prescribe grade 2 medicine for backpain

5)how does the dye work that differentiates infective dentin and affected dentin??

6)hypodontia results is less growth of?
maxilla
mandible
alveolar bone
cranium

7)the growth of the cranial base relative to the groth of jaws is?
more
less
first more, then slower
same

9)which organism responsible for failure of implants?

10)in a 2 day old plaque ,which is more predominant?
gm+ cocci
gm - cocci
anaerobes
aerobes

11)which area has the best prognosis for implants and in which order you arrange the rest?
mandibuar anterior
mand. post.
max. ant.
max. post.

12) dentist did a study/survey on school children for occurence of tooth caries in summer break, what kind of study is it?

13)dentist did a survey, in which he gave 2 diff mouthrinses to two groups of patients,what kind of study is it?

1)class2 Div -1
2)class 4
6)alveolar bone
10)gram positive cocci
9) i think the anerobic rods r responsible.i don,t know specifically which one

5)affected dentine is demineralised dentin but not invaded by bacteria where as infected dentine is invaded by bacteria...so dye works by staining the bacteria..that,s what i think
11)i don,t have clue of the order, but implants of max. anterior region have highest failure rate

1)class2 Div -1
2)class 4
6)alveolar bone
10)gram positive cocci
9) i think the anerobic rods r responsible.i don,t know specifically which one

tell me somthing
will the ans for 1) not be cl 2 div 2?why do you think it is div 1???
2)are you sure abt ans for 2)???
3)why you think it is alveolar bone for 6)??
i agree with the rest of the answers you gave.

tell me somthing
will the ans for 1) not be cl 2 div 2?why do you think it is div 1???
2)are you sure abt ans for 2)???
3)why you think it is alveolar bone for 6)??
i agree with the rest of the answers you gave.

1)b/c class1 div 1 has proclained anterior teeth, so more prone to # during trauma
2)what i know is class-4 do not have any modifications..rest u can c some book
3)b/c alveolar process is there to retain the teeth..it teeth r lost it resorbs..hypodontia may cause this

how is it in cl 2 div 2?

If ur asking about the # of mandible then the fractured segments r designated proximal and distal in relation to TMJ..fractured segment near the tmj is proximal and that away from the TMJ is distal

how is it in cl 2 div 2?

in class-2 division2 max central incisors r in linguversion and laterals in labially and slight mesial rotation...in class-1 both central incisors and lateral incisors r in extreme labio version...i hope u got it

5)affected dentine is demineralised dentin but not invaded by bacteria where as infected dentine is invaded by bacteria...so dye works by staining the bacteria..that,s what i think
11)i don,t have clue of the order, but implants of max. anterior region have highest failure rate
Incorrect. Maxillary posterior implants have the greatest failure rate.

Incorrect. Maxillary posterior implants have the greatest failure rate.

but my question is, which one has the highest succes rate?mandibular ant.,mand. post. or maxillary ant., or max. post.?

by the way, it is somwhere in the decks(i think) that max. ant has the greatest failure rate............

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1)which malocclusion is more prone to fracture of maxillary anterior teeth?

cl1
cl2 div 1
cl2 div 2
cl3

2)which kennedy claasification of RPDs doesnt have a subdivision?
3)when we get informed consent from form the patient, which one is NOT included?
sideeffects of not getting the treatment
benefits of treatment
signature of a witness
cost of the treatment

4)which is illegal for a dentist?
to have 2 glasses of wine for lunch in between patients
to prescribe grade 2 medicine for backpain

5)how does the dye work that differentiates infective dentin and affected dentin??

6)hypodontia results is less growth of?
maxilla
mandible
alveolar bone
cranium

7)the growth of the cranial base relative to the groth of jaws is?
more
less
first more, then slower
same

9)which organism responsible for failure of implants?

10)in a 2 day old plaque ,which is more predominant?
gm+ cocci
gm - cocci
anaerobes
aerobes

11)which area has the best prognosis for implants and in which order you arrange the rest?
mandibuar anterior
mand. post.
max. ant.
max. post.

12) dentist did a study/survey on school children for occurence of tooth caries in summer break, what kind of study is it?

13)dentist did a survey, in which he gave 2 diff mouthrinses to two groups of patients,what kind of study is it?

Q)how can you tell a perio and an endo lesion apart?
Q)A 7 yr old child drinks fluoridated water at.75 ppm.what should be the supplement fluoride he should be given additionally?

do not give supplements

even i had seen in decks that failure to implant is max in max anterior.
if this is wrong then what is correct and what is the order..

godbless can you post your questions in the nbde2 question thread... then you might get a better response for your questions.....

do not give supplements

thanks, can you try to answer the other qs as well?

do not give supplements

thanks, can you try to answer the other qs as well?

success of implants . anybody has that prostho book( fixed prosthodontics) by rosenthial . there is one chapter on implants . it is given there . i had read it once but forgot .

12) this is a crossectional study since it is one point in time .

13) this is a experimental study/ clinical trial .

Q)what pain killer you would give to a patient allerrgic/hypersensitive to morphine?
Q)How does Warfarin work as an anticoagulant?
Q)what is the mechanism on action of a diuretic?acts on tubules,or ADH?
Q)dental plaster or dental stone, which releases more heat on mixing with water?
Q)A patient was given inferior alveolar nerve block and developed bell palsy type symptoms, does it mean the block was given higher, lower, superior or inferior to its correct location?

Q)what pain killer you would give to a patient allerrgic/hypersensitive to morphine?
Q)How does Warfarin work as an anticoagulant?
Q)what is the mechanism on action of a diuretic?acts on tubules,or ADH?
Q)dental plaster or dental stone, which releases more heat on mixing with water?
Q)A patient was given inferior alveolar nerve block and developed bell palsy type symptoms, does it mean the block was given higher, lower, superior or inferior to its correct location?

allergic to morphine probably the nsaids

warfarin produces impairs synthesis of vitK dependent clotting factors

diuretics act directky on the tubule except the osmotic ones which depend on osmolality

hi
i believe plaster spreads more heat

superior is right, but to get bells palsy, needle should go to stylomastiod foramen which is located far posterior to location

which is best to view the articular disc?
CT
MRI
PA or any other?