Answering "Name professors you're interested in working with"

Started by renrenxi
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

renrenxi

Full Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
As I'm pre-writing secondaries, this is an important question that keeps coming up for some schools--naming faculty you'd like to work with.

Is it really so simple? Just name the area of interest (which flows with my essays) and then pick faculty?

Or do I have to be more detailed?

Pages with faculty do a better job of naming faculty rather than showing activity. And naming inactive faculty is, I've heard, a red flag. Will a simple pubmed cross-reference suffice? Or is there more I can do to make sure they have active grants?