Letter of interest/intent with no significant update

Started by adam1018
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

adam1018

Full Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have been fortunate enough to receive one MD/PhD acceptance, but I am really hoping to get off the waitlists of two MSTPs. One of them said I'm on their high alternative list and likely to be eventually given an offer, but given the NYU and NIH situations, I fear waitlist movement might be much less/slower this cycle. I am wondering how I should phrase my letters of interest/intent if I have nothing significant to update them? My old lab has been preparing a clinical manuscript where I would be a co-first/second author; I have made progress in my current gap year lab, but not enough for a manuscript anytime soon. Outside of research, I have just been continuing my regular volunteering stuff.