ANU question? Highest internship chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheIndianHustler

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi there,

I’m a Canadian who applied to Australia with a 3.7 and 511 MCAT through OzTREKK but I also applied to ANU myself.... I had interviewst at UQ, Deakin And UWA(Casper not interview) which went well. I got an interview from ANU and during their interview they claimed that ANU has the highest chances for internships even tho internationals are priority 4 cus they have a really small cohort and most domestic students leave ACT and historically they have a 100% internship match rate.... I was wondering if this is true? I really vibe with the small class size and their focus on research?

Members don't see this ad.

If you wish to stay in Australia have a look at the internship priority list for each state. From my memory (although this may not be correct) Victoria (e.g. Deakin) is one of the only states to prioritise victorian international students over domestic students graduating from another state

Thanks so much. Yes I had the opportunity to look at each state. QLD made their own graduates #1 and all others #2 merit based in 2019 I believe... which is the second best after Victoria in terms of internships on paper I think. I’ve heard however that no one from uSyd which is in NSW has missed out on internships yet either on these forums and by talking to ppl at uSyd. Honestly all seem great options to me which is what is confusing. I was just asking about ANU cus it’s a small school. I know situation may change in a few years time at all these places but my main goal is to come back anyway I just wanna have an option of staying there in case I rlly fall in love! feel free to correct me!

Thanks so much. Yes I had the opportunity to look at each state. QLD made their own graduates #1 and all others #2 merit based in 2019 I believe... which is the second best after Victoria in terms of internships on paper I think. I’ve heard however that no one from uSyd which is in NSW has missed out on internships yet either on these forums and by talking to ppl at uSyd. Honestly all seem great options to me which is what is confusing. I was just asking about ANU cus it’s a small school. I know situation may change in a few years time at all these places but my main goal is to come back anyway I just wanna have an option of staying there in case I rlly fall in love! feel free to correct me!
It's just going to be interesting to see how Internship plays out this year due to Covid as many students could not come back to Canada/US to complete their electives/Board exams which means they may not have choice and apply for Australia Internship only. Competition is going to be stiff. In the past few years, International students in NSW ( Category 4) have all managed to secure a spot. Private Health Stream with 115 spots is still available for those who missed out and historically it has been undersubscribed but may not be the case for this year . I guess for now it's a waiting game for many International students for the few state internship spots . Just hope everybody gets a spot .

Reactions: 1 user