Anxiety before med school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

autumn123

2+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 1 user
I don't have much to say because your situation does sound very stressful and it's not something SDN could answer. I knew a lot of high achieving international students and they are all stressed for a good reason. I just want to let you know it isn't your fault but don't let the stress cloud your judgements.

Reactions: 1 users
Seek therapy, ASAP, either from home or start getting in contact with counselors at your school. I can't speak to your issues as an international student and dealing with the paperwork, but as a student who just started who also had no idea what to expect, I can say that whatever mental health issues and personal issues you have when you come into medical school WILL get worse once you are in the thick of the med school curriculum if you do not develop healthy coping mechanisms and mental strategies for dealing with those thoughts and anxieties. I'm sorry for what you're going through, but I believe if you can find it within yourself to know that this is what you want to do, then you ARE capable of getting through med school, as the school(s) that accepted you looked at your application and saw a student that could get through the tough four years + residency over the hundreds or thousands of other applications they received. Good luck 💙

• Love
Reactions: 1 users