Anxiety?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

April04

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So how does everyone feel about their rank list? Am I the only one who feels really nervous? Or are most of you at peace with your decision? what about the people who made decisions based on location, family, kids, marriage and so on? Is everyone fairly confident that they will get their first or second choice?

I think it's kind of cruel that we have to wait 3 weeks after submitting our rank list to find out the results.

Well, good luck to everyone!

April

Members don't see this ad.

I'm with you. :) I feel anxious about my list, mostly because I have 24 hours and am still fiddling with it.

could you imagine what would happen if we had the same disaster as the uro match?

Members don't see this ad :)
What happened with the early match? I thought it was an early match thing, not just the uro match, but could be totally wrong.

I've been checking again and again my ROL during my REM sleep :sleep: two or three times during the last week! I'll avoid doing last minute changes, because they are usually followed by post-deadline regrets. "alea jacta est" (the die has been cast). Good luck for everybody! :thumbup:

only the uromatch got screwed up

I certified mine and I'm still scared ****less about the outcome. Not confident at all that I will get one of my top 4. I ranked 9/10 places and am comfortable with most of them, but still have some concerns about some of the places I ranked mostly due to location (all in the bottom half of the rank list). And of course, I have that somewhat irrational fear of being in the 1-2% of US grads who don't match in IM every year. whatever, March 17 can't come soon enough for me.

Ooh, not good for uro. I don't understand why it takes 3 weeks from ROL to match day if it's a computer match, unless nrmp is using a Brothers one-line computer/typewriter or something (remember those?)

it probably takes longer than it needs to, but part of it is because they run the match multiple times with different applications starting off the match to make they essentially get the same results each time.

There are still 15 hours for last minute changes and the clock is ticking! Then all we can do is waiting for the 3 longest weeks ever. I have just waked up and checked my list one more time! :scared:

1 hr and 40 mins left to ROL deadline! Yup, the 3 weeks is gonna be a killer - I'm so envious of my Canadian peers - they'll know theirs next week! Now we're just focusing on Canadian MCCQE and Step 2!

Good luck to all! :luck: :thumbup: :scared:

uxbridge said:
1 hr and 40 mins left to ROL deadline! Yup, the 3 weeks is gonna be a killer - I'm so envious of my Canadian peers - they'll know theirs next week! Now we're just focusing on Canadian MCCQE and Step 2!

Good luck to all! :luck: :thumbup: :scared:
is your username referencing Kevin Uxbridge from star trek:tng?

Anxiety: What good will that do for you now?
-CC

CCMD2005 said:
Anxiety: What good will that do for you now?
-CC

What happened with the uro match?

heartdoc said:
the computer algorithm got messed up and people matched at different programs they weren't supposed to, matched when they sould've gone unmatched, or didn't match when they should have matched. They had to run the entire match over a week later after all the applicants received the results from the "pseudomatch"

heartdoc said:
They messed up the first time, but they realized it and fixed it...
That's also an AUA match and not an NRMP match...completely different governing body that oversaw the match. Don't worry about it. :)