You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Any 27-29 MCAT with interviews????
Started by doctor_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
D
deleted632431
507
2 MD II, 1 DO II
Accepted to the DO school so far
2 MD II, 1 DO II
Accepted to the DO school so far
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
506
2 MD II and 3 DO II
3 acceptances, one "hold", and one pending.
2 MD II and 3 DO II
3 acceptances, one "hold", and one pending.
507 (123 CARS) ~3.6
22 MD apps
7 II (4 attended)
4 acceptances
Cycle has gone better than I could have ever dreamed. I have more II than I can even afford to attend. If you would have told me this would be my situation 4 months ago, I would have said you were crazy. I thought I'd be getting ready to plan my MCAT retake lol...
22 MD apps
7 II (4 attended)
4 acceptances
Cycle has gone better than I could have ever dreamed. I have more II than I can even afford to attend. If you would have told me this would be my situation 4 months ago, I would have said you were crazy. I thought I'd be getting ready to plan my MCAT retake lol...
Last edited:
502 with two 124 sections
4 DO II
1 MD II
2 acceptances
4 DO II
1 MD II
2 acceptances
507 (123 CARS) ~3.6
22 MD apps
7 II (4 attended)
4 acceptances
Cycle has gone better than I could have ever dreamed. I have more II than I can even afford to attend. If you would have told me this would be my situation 4 months ago, I would have said you were crazy. I thought I'd be getting ready to plan my MCAT retake lol...
Congrats! If you don't mind me asking, did you have any interviews/acceptances from top 30 or 40 schools? I too have a 123 CARS that's making me apprehensive. I haven't had nearly as successful a cycle as you since I applied REALLY late (2 MD IIs), but I hope to have a better cycle next time around. Based on my following stats and ECs, can you suggest how I can make up for that low CARS score?
GPA: 3.75/3.75 at top 30, if that matters
MCAT: 132 (Physical)/123 (CARS)/131 (Biological)/132 (Behavioral) (518); NOT an ESL student, if that matters
Research: 1 non-1st author pub and thesis in P Chem lab; 1 first author in bioengineering lab; couple of conferences
Volunteering/shadowing: the usual several hundred hours across several departments; was an EMT in college for 2 years
Tutoring for a year; private tutoring for a couple months
8
814965
When did you finish your secondaries?502 with two 124 sections
4 DO II
1 MD II
2 acceptances
All DO's in by the end of June/mid July, all MD done by August 10th.When did you finish your secondaries?
Congrats! If you don't mind me asking, did you have any interviews/acceptances from top 30 or 40 schools? I too have a 123 CARS that's making me apprehensive. I haven't had nearly as successful a cycle as you since I applied REALLY late (2 MD IIs), but I hope to have a better cycle next time around. Based on my following stats and ECs, can you suggest how I can make up for that low CARS score?
GPA: 3.75/3.75 at top 30, if that matters
MCAT: 132 (Physical)/123 (CARS)/131 (Biological)/132 (Behavioral) (518); NOT an ESL student, if that matters
Research: 1 non-1st author pub and thesis in P Chem lab; 1 first author in bioengineering lab; couple of conferences
Volunteering/shadowing: the usual several hundred hours across several departments; was an EMT in college for 2 years
Tutoring for a year; private tutoring for a couple months
Yes I have three interviews at top 40 (one in top 10 and one in top 30).
My CARS was a 124 and my other sections were not as good as yours
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
yea just go home...ur fineCongrats! If you don't mind me asking, did you have any interviews/acceptances from top 30 or 40 schools? I too have a 123 CARS that's making me apprehensive. I haven't had nearly as successful a cycle as you since I applied REALLY late (2 MD IIs), but I hope to have a better cycle next time around. Based on my following stats and ECs, can you suggest how I can make up for that low CARS score?
GPA: 3.75/3.75 at top 30, if that matters
MCAT: 132 (Physical)/123 (CARS)/131 (Biological)/132 (Behavioral) (518); NOT an ESL student, if that matters
Research: 1 non-1st author pub and thesis in P Chem lab; 1 first author in bioengineering lab; couple of conferences
Volunteering/shadowing: the usual several hundred hours across several departments; was an EMT in college for 2 years
Tutoring for a year; private tutoring for a couple months
I'll second the advice to apply early. My application was only complete in November/December due to a LOR mishap. I received 1 interview out of like 25 schools.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Any success here for ORMs with 507 mcat and 3.8-4.0 gpas at MD schools? Currently sitting on 0II at MD schools. Complete at most schools by the end of August.
Any success here for ORMs with 507 mcat and 3.8-4.0 gpas at MD schools? Currently sitting on 0II at MD schools. Complete at most schools by the end of August.
Same, 0 II, 511 3.8+gpa, orm complete early august
May come a bit later in the cycle. Am a re-applicant but received 2 II last app cycle with that stat equivalent.Any success here for ORMs with 507 mcat and 3.8-4.0 gpas at MD schools? Currently sitting on 0II at MD schools. Complete at most schools by the end of August.
May come a bit later in the cycle. Am a re-applicant but received 2 II last app cycle with that stat equivalent.
Are you reapplying with the same stats or did you retake the mcat for this cycle? I'm contemplating a retake and may reapply if this cycle is a bust. 🙁
I'm in desperate need of advice.
Same, 0 II, 511 3.8+gpa, orm complete early august
That's a great MCAT! Praying we get some invites before the New Year!
Just to add to this, 505, 4.0, 7 interviews and two acceptances. Not a URM. Don't let SDN get you down... it's statistics are blown out of proportion. As long as you have great experiences and a passion, you can get in.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How many MD II's vs DO?Just to add to this, 505, 4.0, 7 interviews and two acceptances. Not a URM. Don't let SDN get you down... it's statistics are blown out of proportion. As long as you have great experiences and a passion, you can get in.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just to add to this, 505, 4.0, 7 interviews and two acceptances. Not a URM. Don't let SDN get you down... it's statistics are blown out of proportion. As long as you have great experiences and a passion, you can get in.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You’re obviosuly going to become a Wildcat 😉
You’re obviosuly going to become a Wildcat 😉
Hahaha we will see. It's my top two for sure... just waiting on the word from one other school at this point.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How many MD II's vs DO?
Zero DO, Seven MD
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Awesome. When were you complete? Why do you think you have been so successful for MD schools with a 505 mcat?Zero DO, Seven MD
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sent from my SM-A300H using SDN mobile
Do applicants with these stats usually always get II's later in the cycle compared to others?
Alright, so it's hope for the best and prepare for the worst.
Thanks everyone for the advice and words of encouragement!
Thanks everyone for the advice and words of encouragement!
Do applicants with these stats usually always get II's later in the cycle compared to others?
Curious about this too...
Yes; my friend waited a while to get waitlisted and accepted. Schools pursue the highest mcat/gpa combo firstCurious about this too...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Zero DO, Seven MD
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mind sharing what places? Congrats btw
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
(And only ~1.5% drop out)
Good luck everyone
Solid bump....wondering how everyone is doing so far this cycle?bump
Lizzy M 69 and I got a MD acceptance.
I think this thread should be excluding URM 



ORM - trad, 506 (126,124,129,127) MCAT - so staggered, cGPA: 3.9, sGPA: 3.8 - 4 II, 3 IA, 2 Post-interview hold, 1 acceptance ... all MD
504- MD accepted; Nontrad and 3.85 gpa...
I think this thread should be excluding URM![]()
Please don't start that again... to all the others, I hope your cycles are going well! It's always refreshing to come back to this thread every year to see how the new applicants are doing. I am a current MS3, so if you ever just want someone to talk to, or ask a few questions, I'm here!!!
GOOD LUCK ALL!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 393
- Locked
- Replies
- 10
- Views
- 4K