Apply with Bad MCAT Score or Wait until 7/29?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

berchtold64

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello all,

I tested 4/26 and scored a 498 (10 points below my average). I’m not sure what happened, and I’m shocked. Nonetheless, I will be retaking on 6/28. However, my application is ready to submit. Would you recommend that I submit my application now assuming it’ll be verified early July, or should I wait to submit my application at the end of June so that it’ll be verified around the same time that my new score will be posted? (I’ve marked on the application the ‘future MCAT score’ but I’m afraid to submit my application now and not receive anything at all due to the low MCAT score).

I was thinking to submit my application now with one “throw-away” school, and then add my real school list on 7/29 (the day I get my new MCAT score). Is that a good recommendation? Anything helps.

Thank you.