Any acceptance from UTAustin?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UTfarmer

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I got interviewed in the February round but haven't heard from the school yet. Has anyone heard from the school yet?

Members don't see this ad.

my friend got accepted a few weeks ago

i think that we figured that there were 3 people on this site with an acceptance. three people from a&m have.

Members don't see this ad :)
snailman said:
my friend got accepted a few weeks ago

Was she/he in the same interview time period or a reapplicant?

dana92085 said:
i think that we figured that there were 3 people on this site with an acceptance. three people from a&m have.

Okay, so I see that you are one of them! Awesome! Congratz! Did you get an interview in February as well? When did you get a letter? I'm just so dang curious b/c I haven't met or heard of anyone who's gotten in.

UTfarmer said:
Okay, so I see that you are one of them! Awesome! Congratz! Did you get an interview in February as well? When did you get a letter? I'm just so dang curious b/c I haven't met or heard of anyone who's gotten in.

i was at the march 24-25 interview--i am very excited about UT--do you do there right now?

Let's hope I get accepted into the P2 year. ;)

Good luck to all that are still waiting!

im so stressed about UT that I even had a dream that I got rejected from pharm schools that I haven't even applied to, and that too numerous schools not just one!!! This is true insanity!!!!!

I had a talk with a friend who's a P3 and she told me it's just a waiting game with UT. right now the adcom is super busy and are looking at apps on a roll in basis, which means that the earlier you apply, the sooner they'll evaulate your application.
I know someone who didn't hear untill early June.

they are SO pokey! :D i guess that good things come to those who wait!!

Has anyone got a rejection yet? I interviewed in feb, and have not heard anythign yet..bah :rolleyes:

I got an email back from Dr. Wilcox and he said that the adcom is meeting again tomorrow and one last time on May 22nd. :luck:
So anyone who hasn't receieved a rejection letter, your application should be active.

Does anyone know how they are going to review applications? Are the people who interviewed in April going to be looked at tomorrow, or are people who interviewed during February and March going to be looked over first? :confused: I wonder how long it takes for them to get letters out after the adcom has met?

Members don't see this ad :)
Im also in the February boat...good luck to all ;)

btw, i've actually heard of a few that received rejection letters already from the earlier interviews.

sy329 said:
Im also in the February boat...good luck to all ;)

btw, i've actually heard of a few that received rejection letters already from the earlier interviews.

oh .... wow i hadnt heard of anyone who received a rejection letter so far. My only concern is financial aid... wonder if it gets affected for late acceptances! :confused:

Genuine said:
oh .... wow i hadnt heard of anyone who received a rejection letter so far. My only concern is financial aid... wonder if it gets affected for late acceptances! :confused:

Hey there,
so did we really need to finish the financial aid for the admission. I didnt know it was a requirement....:(

glitterstar said:
Hey there,
so did we really need to finish the financial aid for the admission. I didnt know it was a requirement....:(

You will need to fill out FAFSA if you are wanting financial aid from the school. But to answer your question --- No, it doesnt have anything to do with your admission, and is not a requirement. However, to get financial aid package from a school -- you obviously have to be admitted to their program.

Are you not looking into getting loans etc from the school? If you are then you need to fill out your FAFSA.

---- my earlier post might have been confusing. I was concerned if I'll get a good financial aid package from UT (if i get admitted) since it's this late in the process.

Hey genuine,
I am definitely looking for financial aid. I hadnt got a chance to fill it... I will start it tonite... thanks though, I do want money from the government. hehe.

I don't know about you all, but this is killing me. The waiting and not being able to plan summer classes is gut wrenching. If I find out from UT soon it could save me a fortune on not needing to finish pre-reqs for my 2nd choice. Anyone else in the same situation? :luck:

RachGator said:
I don't know about you all, but this is killing me. The waiting and not being able to plan summer classes is gut wrenching. If I find out from UT soon it could save me a fortune on not needing to finish pre-reqs for my 2nd choice. Anyone else in the same situation? :luck:

Hey RachGator,
I am in the same exact situation :( I have to finish both A&P's and both labs this summer for my 2nd choice, and quit my job because I have to go to school full time for the summer! The waiting is costing me a fortune as well! :eek:

sweetmurphy said:
Hey RachGator,
I am in the same exact situation :( I have to finish both A&P's and both labs this summer for my 2nd choice, and quit my job because I have to go to school full time for the summer! The waiting is costing me a fortune as well! :eek:
Let's just hope we (and all of the rest of us here) were in today's adcom meeting and that the news is good and fast. I don't want to harass them by calling and asking when e-mails are going out but I really need to know. I am running out of money. Loan money in the fall will be my salvation.

SweetMurphy: When did you interview?

RachGator said:
Let's just hope we (and all of the rest of us here) were in today's adcom meeting and that the news is good and fast. I don't want to harass them by calling and asking when e-mails are going out but I really need to know. I am running out of money. Loan money in the fall will be my salvation.

SweetMurphy: When did you interview?

feb..been awhile :rolleyes: good luck!

sweetmurphy said:
Hey RachGator,
Same goes for me, on top of summer class worries, I have a lease to worry about in houston.....my apartment management is requiring a 60 day move out notice and my lease ends on July 31st. They refuse to let me do month to month thereafter. It's all good if I hear back definitively from UT but what am I gonna do if UT puts me on a waiting list? :scared:

:luck: I called today and they will still be evaluating for awhile. We won't know for a bit. Today I got my acceptance to UT UNDERGRAD and it said congratulations you have been accepted to school of pharm etc. I know it is the pharmacy school letter /e-mail that counts but my heart was in my throat regardless. At least I got in to the school in general. I knew coming in that Texas had the latest date for notification of the schools I applied to. I should have been better prepared for the anxiety. I, like the rest of you in tight situations, just like to make plans when they concern 18 hour drives and moving my life :eek: . Just keep the faith everyone. We will know soon enough :luck: .

RachGator said:
:luck: I called today and they will still be evaluating for awhile. We won't know for a bit. Today I got my acceptance to UT UNDERGRAD and it said congratulations you have been accepted to school of pharm etc. I know it is the pharmacy school letter /e-mail that counts but my heart was in my throat regardless. At least I got in to the school in general. I knew coming in that Texas had the latest date for notification of the schools I applied to. I should have been better prepared for the anxiety. I, like the rest of you in tight situations, just like to make plans when they concern 18 hour drives and moving my life :eek: . Just keep the faith everyone. We will know soon enough :luck: .

I wonder if they give the UT undergrad acceptance to only those people that are accepted to their pharm school as well... Good Luck --- hope u hear good news from them soon :)

I think the two applications are independent of one another. (The extra two essays we had to write were such a joy :rolleyes: .) You can always check your Undergrad application status using the UT ID they sent you and go online. I think that if you are accepted undergrad and then aren't accepted to the pharmacy school they will let you look at other options at UT. Anyone more familiar with UT know how this all goes?

RachGator said:
I think the two applications are independent of one another. (The extra two essays we had to write were such a joy :rolleyes: .) You can always check your Undergrad application status using the UT ID they sent you and go online. I think that if you are accepted undergrad and then aren't accepted to the pharmacy school they will let you look at other options at UT. Anyone more familiar with UT know how this all goes?

Hey RachGator, I think you have a pretty good chance because one of the SDN forumers (that1guy) received an acceptance from UT Austin - Undergrad, and I think he got into the pharm school as well...

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?p=3409043#post3409043

Correct me if I am wrong...but good luck!! :)

PixieAngel said:
Hey RachGator, I think you have a pretty good chance because one of the SDN forumers (that1guy) received an acceptance from UT Austin - Undergrad, and I think he got into the pharm school as well...

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?p=3409043#post3409043

Correct me if I am wrong...but good luck!! :)

Thanks for the support. Have you guys been checking your application staus for undergrad?
In a previous post UTPharmDude dis say they were seperate though. I hope we all get good news SOON :) .

RachGator said:
Thanks for the support. Have you guys been checking your application staus for undergrad?
In a previous post UTPharmDude dis say they were seperate though. I hope we all get good news SOON :) .

Hey guys,
I think the two letters are completely separate. I got my acceptance to UT undergrad in november of last year. But good luck to you guys!

For those of you that got emails from UT undergrad, did you login in to the website w/ your UTEID for additional information?

:luck:
n0estoy said:
For those of you that got emails from UT undergrad, did you login in to the website w/ your UTEID for additional information?
Hi, I didn't get an e-mail. I found out by checking my application status with my UT EID. A letter is supposed to follow. The same day, I did, however, start getting e-mails from fiancial aid. Good :luck: !

I am so confused as to how I should fill out my FAFSA because each school seems to count us differently. Should I send my parental info to UT even though I am independent and over 25 (and I am paying for this on my own!)? Would we be counted as undergrads for the first year or am I wrong? If I am counted as an undergrad but with a BA does this mean I am now a post-bac student and, therefore, ineligible for grants? AGHHH! If I get in, I'll call and ask, but I am afraid to get on their nerves now. BUT, the later we wait the more monies have already been distributed. It is like the pre-req dilema. We have to wait but waiting is costly. Help!

PS-I just CAN'T study for physics final tomorrow :eek: :eek: :eek: !

RachGator said:
Hi, I didn't get an e-mail. I found out by checking my application status with my UT EID. A letter is supposed to follow. The same day, I did, however, start getting e-mails from fiancial aid. Good :luck: !
yeah, i found good news there too :D but i'm waiting for that email. g'luck w/ that test. i'm neglecting my american history final at the moment.

RachGator said:
Anything yet?

haha this is exactly how i was back in february... then march... then it slowed down a lil in april... and now... :sleep: No actually I'm still :scared: but just a lil more relaxed!

I called the school today --- and I cant even remember if she said they just met, are meeting today or will be this week... :confused:

But pretty soon... this wait will be over :) :luck:

Genuine said:
haha this is exactly how i was back in february... then march... then it slowed down a lil in april... and now... :sleep: No actually I'm still :scared: but just a lil more relaxed!

I called the school today --- and I cant even remember if she said they just met, are meeting today or will be this week... :confused:

But pretty soon... this wait will be over :) :luck:
I believe they met on Tues. and were still deciding on Wednesday. I guess they are still going today. I just want to know if they save out-of-state for last so I can stop wearing out my e-mail. When I get a "you have 1 message" I get excited and then get mad at the spammers who sent the "get your free bowl of soup" messages.

ok. i've been a spectator long enough. i'm about chew off my fingers in agony with this waiting business. i check here every few hours to see if rachgator, genuine, and sweetmurphy were accepted.

i feel like such an imposter. you guys have pretty good stats and i *know* you will all do well... except... i want to join you.

i pretty much gave up hope after doing so poorly on the october pcat.
but then - UT invited me for an interview in april! i was stunned!

i want this SO badly my ears are ringing with anticipation. :scared:

velocitygrl23 said:
ok. i've been a spectator long enough. i'm about chew off my fingers in agony with this waiting business. i check here every few hours to see if rachgator, genuine, and sweetmurphy were accepted.

i feel like such an imposter. you guys have pretty good stats and i *know* you will all do well... except... i want to join you.

Welcome to the insanity. All I can think about is what am I going to do when I am at work tomorrow and can't check online! Have a great night!

Monday will be a horrible day because I get the feeling that people will start hearing back. It's gotten so bad that I even check my bulk / junk folder just in case. In any case, this weekend promises to be another worry fest. I can't even find relief with the fact that finals are over....I just have more time on my hands to stress :laugh:

velocitygrl23 said:

Hey Velocitygirl!

I understand how you feel, I keep checking SDN whenever I can to find out if anyone got in, but you know in a way it kind of eases the anxiety, because I have something to do at work instead of worrying haha :laugh:

I don't have the best stats..which is why I am pretty worried, however I am hopeful :) One of my friends who goes to pharm school at UT told me that they dont really put much emphasis on the PCATs...but this might have changed since when she was first admitted 2 yrs ago...plus the fact that they interviewed you means that they are interested! Unlike most TX schools, UT looks at the whole applicant, which is great. Good Luck and I am sure we'll find out what's going on soon enough :luck:

velocitygrl23 said:
lovely how stress can bring people together :rolleyes:

im also stressing a lot about ut!!!!! its such torcher to have to worry about this and finals at the same time..........i should be studying for my evolution final tomorrow but all i can think of is ut!!!!!!!!! i hope they end this anxiety soon.......and of course.....in a way that would make all of us very very happy!!

RachGator said:
I believe they met on Tues. and were still deciding on Wednesday. I guess they are still going today. I just want to know if they save out-of-state for last so I can stop wearing out my e-mail. When I get a "you have 1 message" I get excited and then get mad at the spammers who sent the "get your free bowl of soup" messages.

haha... it'll be k... im counting down the days!

U guys that know exactly which school u'll be attending this fall are sooo lucky!!! :cool:

I keep wondering if it'll be Houston or Austin... and so I look at Houston apts and then Austin and then the game goes on! :D

Genuine said:
U guys that know exactly which school u'll be attending this fall are sooo lucky!!! :cool:

I keep wondering if it'll be Houston or Austin... and so I look at Houston apts and then Austin and then the game goes on! :D

ehhh... it's austin or nothing for me (at least for this year).
i'll either continue to work or drop it all and move to austin.

i love my job, but i'm so ready to get moving on my pharmacy career. :)
UT is the only place i want to go.

of course, i could start working on my application for next year...
ughhh... what a depressing thought.

velocitygrl23 said:

Are you from Texas? I sure hope you hear from UT soon with a wonderful acceptance letter. I cant even imagine going through the application process again --- oh those months were sooo hectic!

velocitygrl23 said:

Same here. My hubby is a teacher here and it's the only school I applied so we can be together. Otherwise, I would've gone anywhere that would accept me. There are people who just wants to go to a certain school b/c of its rank. UT is number 2 because of its research progess in pharmacology (mainly for PhD) and not too much on the PharmD program. My pharmacist was really upset b/c he donated money to the school hoping it'll go towards the students but later found out that the school denied tenure for this one professor who was a great lecturer and a great person but gave tenure to a research professor who doesn't like to teach. Don't get me wrong. I know UT is a great school. All I'm saying is that if the school is accredited and there is a high passing percentage for NAPLEX then it's the school for me. If I don't get in this year, I'll definitely apply elsewhere so I'll have something to fall back on.

Do you happen to know what the NAPLEX pass rates are for UT?

Genuine said:
Are you from Texas? I sure hope you hear from UT soon with a wonderful acceptance letter. I cant even imagine going through the application process again --- oh those months were sooo hectic!

I currently reside in Houston.
And sure, I'm pretty stubborn about only applying to UT - but there are many reasons why that is the only place I feel I belong. Perhaps if I don't get in this year, I'll change my mind about that. ;)

As for the NAPLEX, I remember reading somewhere that the most recent stats for UT were 100% - but they don't seem to boast it on their website like UH. Of course, the stats can change year to year...

I don't think there is one place where all NAPLEX stats per institution are published. :confused:

Today was my last day of class as a p1(hopefully) :) now on to finals. What has made my P1 year very enjoyable was my wonderful colleagues, faculty and administrators here at UT. The people here really makes the difference of why UT is such a great school. Everyone is really supportive of one another. Good luck to all and have a wonderful summer! hopefully i won't be in ya's class next year!!! ;)