any acceptance letter from schools starting FALL 2014?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone heard from Pitt after they received the email earlier this week?
Nope :( I'm guessing it will be next week at this point... business hours are almost over there anyway.

Members don't see this ad.

I have recieved an acceptance letter from Nova Southeastern University and Washingtion University in St. Louis Missouri :)

I have recieved an acceptance letter from Nova Southeastern University and Washingtion University in St. Louis Missouri :)

Hi, I applied to WashU too! If you don't mind sharing, when did they get back to you and was it via email/snail mail? It's weird, I know they're not technically on rolling admissions but judging by previous students on this forum it looks like they take the really stellar candidates super early. Congrats on getting in!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi peachiepizzazz! My acceptance from WashU was mailed snail mail with a postmark of 10/31 (I received it the following Tuesday). If it helps, I designated the school on October 13 (my otcas was verified at the time).

My acceptance from WashU was mailed and postmarked on 10/31 as well. My OTCAS was verified on Sep. 9th.

I applied to WashU on 10/22, and received my acceptance letter in the mail on 11/14. I'm not at home at the moment so I am not sure what day it was mailed out. Hope this helps!

Has anyone gotten any response from either Thomas Jefferson or Temple in Philadelphia?

Not yet. I thought we'd definitely hear from Temple by now. The last email I received from Temple was on October 9th telling me my app was complete/ready for review. I honestly feel like I check my email on the hour anymore, the anxiety is real... Let's hope for some good news this week!

no word here yet either. can't wait to hear so I can stop thinking about this! Hope to hear from tju this week, also thought I would have heard from temple by now.

Hey I just received my acceptance to Wash U also. Are you planning on going? I'm so torn because its a great program, but so exspensive.

Got an acceptance to Chatham today (early decision interview)! Anyone else?

I got accepted to Chatham today!…anyone else?

Hey I just received my acceptance to Wash U also. Are you planning on going? I'm so torn because its a great program, but so exspensive.

I'm waiting to hear back from other schools before I know where I'm going to go, I did put my deposit down though to hold my spot!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm waiting to hear back from other schools before I know where I'm going to go, I did put my deposit down though to hold my spot!

Congrats on getting into WashU!! Very exciting :)... How much are they asking for a deposit?

WashU requires an initial deposit of $300 (within 14 days of acceptance notification). An additional 200 is required by May 2014. Hope that helps.
(Sorry for the brevity and any errors-sent from mobile with misguided autocorrect)

I received a phone call from D'Youville on Nov. 15 telling me that I was accepted into their OT program! I haven't heard from anywhere else yet.

I received a phone call from D'Youville on Nov. 15 telling me that I was accepted into their OT program! I haven't heard from anywhere else yet.
Congratulations! I haven't gotten a phone call yet and I'm starting to think I didn't get in...:( I really wish everyone found out at the same time, it sure would make this process less agonizing than hearing from others that there are phone calls being made and waiting to see if you get one day after day :(

Congratulations! I haven't gotten a phone call yet and I'm starting to think I didn't get in...:( I really wish everyone found out at the same time, it sure would make this process less agonizing than hearing from others that there are phone calls being made and waiting to see if you get one day after day :(

Coolrunnins, or anyone else, have you heard anything back from Salus U?

I have been accepted to A.T. Still, D'Youville, Nova Southeastern and Wash U.

Coolrunnins, or anyone else, have you heard anything back from Salus U?
I have not, I am visiting campus next week and talking with an admissions counselor so we'll see. But, I believe Salus requires an interview? (correct me if I am wrong). So if I never get asked to interview I don't see how I can get in. Have you been asked to interview yet? Has anyone been asked to interview for Salus University yet?

Reactions: 1 user
I haven't heard anything or been asked to interview yet either

I do know they require an interview though...hopefully they're just still going through apps!

I have not, I am visiting campus next week and talking with an admissions counselor so we'll see. But, I believe Salus requires an interview? (correct me if I am wrong). So if I never get asked to interview I don't see how I can get in. Have you been asked to interview yet? Has anyone been asked to interview for Salus University yet?
i was asked to interview for Salus U on October 9, my OTCAS was verified September 20. Idk if that helps you guys.

I'm anxiously awaiting news from Jefferson. I thought that tju and Philly u were distributing decisions beginning in December, but heard tju is sending some this week, then some in January. I thought temple issues them on an ongoing basis. I applied very early and have heard nothing. I did get an email from a tju student, but I think everyone did. I'm ready to hear either way so I can stop obsessing ;)

Coolrunnins- Thank you :) I agree- it would be nice if everyone found out on the same day! I wouldn't get discouraged about not hearing from them yet...we never know their process of contacting us. Let me know what you hear from them!

I just got an email acceptance to MUSC! I submitted my application to them on 9/16 (for the early decision deadline of 10/15). I can't stop shaking!!
Anyone else? GOOD LUCK!

Has anyone heard from Pitt after they received the email earlier this week?

yeah.... another e-mail regarding open house an hour ago.

i'm starting to think i may have to wait till Jan.?......
any acceptance e-mails from Pitt NE1?

yeah.... another e-mail regarding open house an hour ago.

i'm starting to think i may have to wait till Jan.?......
any acceptance e-mails from Pitt NE1?

I got that email also. Hopefully we don't have to wait until January! I guess I shouldn't have got my hopes up that we'd hear back in a week!

Sorry for that bit of info! It really did happen in the past, I promise... my hopes were up too. Still hoping it will be any day now.

Sorry for that bit of info! It really did happen in the past, I promise... my hopes were up too. Still hoping it will be any day now.

don't b sorry~ ;)
we still have tomorrow. lol :nailbiting:

I was accepted into the OTD program at Washington University and am planning to attend. Anyone else? I have yet to visit the school - thoughts on the campus and on St. Louis? Thanks!!!

Hey BeccaLA. I plan on attending WashU's OTD too! I have yet to visit the campus though (long way from California).

do schools even work on Thanksgiving week?
according to Jefferson's website, decisions are going to be issued beginning in December. through these forums I heard that Don said decisions would be issued the week before thanksgiving, or if not then, in January. they were working this week, I've been getting emails about the school and about the open house tomorrow. I bet they are closed for at least a good portion of next week.

according to Jefferson's website, decisions are going to be issued beginning in December. through these forums I heard that Don said decisions would be issued the week before thanksgiving, or if not then, in January. they were working this week, I've been getting emails about the school and about the open house tomorrow. I bet they are closed for at least a good portion of next week.

where in their website does it say the decisions are going to be issued beginning in Dec? I was looking for it, but couldn't find it.

Hey BeccaLA. I plan on attending WashU's OTD too! I have yet to visit the campus though (long way from California).

Awesome! I live in Seattle, WA so it's a long way for me as well :) Road trip?! haha.

where in their website does it say the decisions are going to be issued beginning in Dec? I was looking for it, but couldn't find it.
not sure where I saw it, also might have been on an otcas overview of their program. I'll try to look for it when I get a chance. I believe temple was issuing on an ongoing basis, and Philly u and tju were beginning in December.

Yeah I'm really disappointed in not hearing from TJU this week. :( Don definitely said "the week before Thanksgiving." I had it written down and everything but maybe things didn't work out that way. I would think they would be working until TJ's break which starts on Wednesday. So if we don't hear back on Monday or Tuesday, then we won't hear back until December.
Also, I definitely stalked past threads about Temple, and last year people said they also heard about decisions "at the end of November." But maybe admissions had more apps this year or something. I'm not sure, but it's driving me crazy.:thumbdown:

I have good news for those of you waiting to hear from Temple! I went to an on campus info session today, and they said they almost certainly will be emailing decisions to many applicants during the first week of December. They haven't sent any yet. Not much longer now!

I do think its because they were overwhelmed by more applications...I think last year they had about 500 overall (by their Feb deadline), and they've received 550 this year already. They'll be accepting 40 students, which atleast is 4 more spots than I thought. They kept stressing how extremely competitive many of the apps were, which was a little discouraging...I'm super nervous now. At least we'll know one way or the other soon.

Last edited:
I am planning to attend as well. Ohnemich, you are from CA? Me too!

Where are yall getting your info about the timeline for decision info for TJU? On their website, it says applications aren't even due till Feb 1st. Did you go to an open house or contact them? Their website does say rolling admissions as well but I didn't see anything about the timing for any acceptance/rejection decisions.

For TJU, I attended an info session where Don said decisions would go out the week before thanksgiving and if you don't hear then you would hear in January.

Where are yall getting your info about the timeline for decision info for TJU? On their website, it says applications aren't even due till Feb 1st. Did you go to an open house or contact them? Their website does say rolling admissions as well but I didn't see anything about the timing for any acceptance/rejection decisions.

The info seems to be coming from what the admissions counselor has emailed or said in person to applicants at info sessions. I am going to the open house tomorrow, so I will be sure to share any updates I find out!

Congrats on your acceptance! I've decided that I'm attending Nova. I agree that WashU has a great program, but it is costly. I was happy with my experience at Nova, and feel it is a good fit for me.

Did you have an interview for Nova Southeastern?
Yes I did. They require one, but you have the option of a Skype interview or an on campus interview. I decided to fly to Florida for an on campus interview so I could tour the school. The staff and students there were very helpful and nice.