Quantcast

"Any Additional Information" Prompt - Mentioning Publication

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

diasterdream

Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
I know there have been multiple threads on this topic, so forgive me for beating a dead horse. I wanted to ask if this prompt would be appropriate to update the schools that my paper has been accepted for publication. Should I send a separate update letter instead? If so, would mentioning gap year plans or why this school be better alternatives?

@Goro @LizzyM @gonnif

Last edited:

Moko

(super fluffy)
Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I wanted to ask if this prompt would be appropriate to update the schools that my paper has been accepted for publication.
Letting them know this with 1-2 sentences would be fine, along with the citation or PMID. I would not use this prompt to explain "why this school" or gap year plans unless there was something truly compelling that you needed to say (e.g strong family ties to the city or state, S.O being anchored there, etc).

Reactions: 1 users

diasterdream

Reaction score
Letting them know this with 1-2 sentences would be fine, along with the citation or PMID. I would not use this prompt to explain "why this school" or gap year plans unless there was something truly compelling that you needed to say (e.g strong family ties to the city or state, S.O being anchored there, etc).

Thanks for explaining! These optional essays can be a bit tricky to navigate.

Reactions: 1 user