Other OT-Related Information Any advice on what to work on before starting an OT grad program?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

StudyingBRB

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey!

I was accepted into a graduate program for the Fall 2018 semester and while there is plenty of work to do in terms of preparing for my move to a new state, I am wondering if there is anything I can be working on to get me ready for the coming semester? Should I invest time refreshing A&P material? Should I spend this time learning how to study more effectively for a grad school setting? I know that once the semester starts I will running around like crazy, so I want to try to prep myself as well as I can. Anyone have any suggestions or advice from when they started their OT program?

Thanks!!
 
You’ll probably just want to relax for a bit cause once you start school, that time is goneeee. But if you haven’t already, take a look at the Occupational Therapy Practice Framework.
http://terapia-ocupacional.org.ar/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/3ª-Edicion-Marco-de-Trabajo-2013.pdf

At least you’ll have a little understanding of the domains of OT and what not. It’s not super complicated stuff, but if you familiarize yourself with it now maybe it’ll help you with some future quizzes or something.