Any advice with my DAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gogo2008

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Today, I took the DAT and was disappoint :( with the score I got.
I was expecting higher score than the the practice test score ( top score)
Well... I am so tired of studying.

By the way..
What do you think about my score as applying to schools..?
Do you think some out of state schools will invite me?

AA 18
PAT 21
QR 19
RC 16
Bio 17
GC 19
OC 19 (TS 18)

Is it better to have a pretty even score than a same score with way high score and a low low score?
I hope..
My GPA is 3.57 and Science is 3.41.
I have no idea.. Do I need to take the DAT again? no no no~!!!
Any suggestion about my DAT score?
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

You did fine! You have good scores in all other areas. Apply right away and do not delay sending in your application. You ought to get interviews. It seriously seems that many SDN people have higher scores. Two of my pals just took the DAT and were at 17's in most if not all areas. Once again, get those applications in!

hey, im in the same boat as you. An 18AA, 19TS, and 16RC. I sent out my app. a couple of weeks ago and am still deciding whether or not i should retake.

Well...
I think we can take the DAT again, but it is pretty challenging to retake one after 3 months when our memory tries to disappear and we have to refresh them with more study hours than before..:scared:oh.. crazy.
I am suprised how others do that great on the DAT with high scores.

I do not know what to do, but crossing fingers~!
good luck with you, too~!!

Let me know if you heard any other advice.
and thank you for your advice, DENTFRIO!

Members don't see this ad :)
I got Bio 17
Chm 19
Org 16
PAT 22
QR 19
RC 19
About the same as the actual test.

Nice.

Regarding your scores, the only weakness seems to be the 16 in RC. Otherwise, your scores show consistent academic strength. Your GPA looks good, and complements your scores. Good job. :)

Thank you, guys.
I feel much better.
I am sending emails to the schools for some other advices.
Retake or do some other experience.
I called several schools and each school looks DAT scores differently.
Well..
Good luck with you guys! :luck:~~

yea ur scores are pretty solid! gluck with everything!

p.s. how did u study? resources used? esp for the QR (very nice!)

I thought that QR is getting a little bit harder than before.
I was expecting around 20 but there were a lot of long sentences questions which made me slower.
Before practicing, I went over with the concepts in Kaplan blue book and some other sources to
refresh the memory from 10 years before..
I went part of the destroyer, but barely finished it. ( Went through 40 questions maybe?)
The Top score and Achiever had similar questions I had in the actual test.
However, you may have less chances to get a probability questions in those two sources. They have kinda harder questions than the actual dat quesitons in probability. I was scared, but didn't get that kind of questions.
I think you better practice on your speed. I realized that if we had more time to spend for the QR, we would have much better scores on the QR.
I thought that I was pretty fast with calculating,, but... I was still slow to go through all the questions. I guessed a lot of long sentences because of the time.
Good luck studin!:)