Any areas Kaplan BB & Cliffs AP Bio lack?

Started by MowgliR
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

MowgliR

Full Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Are there any areas that Kaplan BB (bio section) and Cliffs AP Bio lack? I am supplementing the 2 along with Destroyer for biology.
 
Last edited:
Wow, I was just thinking about starting a threat about what cliffs AP Bio lacks.
1) Nutrition and hormones that affect hunger (ie leptin, ghrelin, PYY, Insulin)
2) Integrumentary system

Thats all I got for right now, we should keep a running track of topics that aren't really covered in cliffs
 
unless your planning to read & understand pretty much every detail of Campbell's biology text (1200+ pages) your "mostly" going to be under-prepared for a perfect biology score..... I say mostly because only a hand-full of folks each year land that perfect 30 and I highly doubt they read all of Campbell

However, if your looking for a respectable score (20+), IMO the combination of KBB and Cliff's will do the trick.

I've said this before, with biology, its not just about memorizing the details, that ain't gonna do squat for you... its all about being able to logically apply your knowledge to the problems they give you. For example (THIS IS NOT FROM MY DAT), they'll give you a problem where they describe glycolysis for you, they'll describe the first few steps as part of the question, then the'll ask a question "why was this step important".... and they'll give you choices, you have to apply your knowledge to those choices and pick the best answer
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You ever hear of internet??? There's a website called wikipedia don't know if you've heard of it.

-cliffs also missing ear, brain, smell
 
Of course campbells is way more detailed. Cliffs does a good job of covering most topics but some are missing that will show up on the test. It'snot about listing every detail, it's more about larger topics that aren't cover that u should be familiar with. And a couple of the smaller topics I posted just because I have seen questions on destroyer from them.