Any athletes in the house???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PreMedAdAG

I am so smart. S-M-R-T :)
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is anyone here an athlete? What sport do you play? When are you applying??????

Members don't see this ad.

played baseball....going to CCOM

Baseball player as well- applying in 2004 (fingers crossed)...

Members don't see this ad :)
Football, volleyball, baseball, basketball in high school....

NCAA football for 4 years...

Either KCOM/DMU/CCOM ... but I'm trying to recruit people for wherever I go because I want to dominate intramural sports.

Take care to all and best of luck!

4 years varsity ice hockey and lacrosse, and 2 years of indoor track in high school

ice hockey for 4 years in college
also played some junior hockey and could have played MLRH pro roller hockey this year (the marple gladiators), i made the team but couldn't fit the travel in with my work schedule.

ive also been powerlifting for about 6 years now...going to PCOM this fall

my orthopedic surgeon who i've seen for various injuries over the years is a DO who went to PCOM, and he's been a huge influence on me choosing to go the DO route. Ive also gotten a lot of relief from maniputation, so i'm really excited about the chance to learn OMM.

Played college football for 4 yrs, attending VCOM this fall.

well, I played four years of varsity soccer at UC Davis.. now I'm just taking some time off before applying... i need a better MCAT (It didn't help taking it in the middle of double days!!)

:)
Christine

division I baseball player here

No wrestlers in here! As you can tell, im a wrestler (freestyle not WWF...haha).

Hey,
On the rowing team at school- going to PCOM this fall.

NCAA - Soccer (4 yrs), Basketball (1yr) and Soccer (4yrs) here!
Been accepted to NSUCOM . . . still deciding

D-III baseball player here--haven't applied yet

baseball at Holy Cross.
I am going to CCOM. Plan on finding a team to sominte in flag football and floor hockey.
Anyone else play hockey I want to find a men's league in Chicago.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm not an athlete but I have sure treated enough of them. I will be taking my Athletic Certification exam in June before hopefully attending TOURO in August. Does that count? Sean.

rockstar,
I played college hockey and I am going to CCOM, there is plenty of men's leagues all around chicago. Check out Johnny's Ice House, Fox Valley Ice Arena, I could go on and on naming great Men's Leagues, but you get my drift- from reading this thread sounds like CCOM will have some kick as$ intramurals.

Figure skater for 16 years --- going to LECOM!

sorry...figure skating doesn't count!!!

whatever man...doctortobee can be on my intramural team anytime! 16 years of figure skating...that's ridiculous cardio.

Football, at least until they pulled scholarship for busted knee. Be applying this year for 2004. Good luck everybody and congrats to those who are in.

Give me a break...figure skating not a sport??? Try it sometime...It's not easy!

UMass Rugby two and a half years, baseball and football in HS. Much more into hiking these days post L knee surgery X 2 over the years.

I would have to agree with Doctortobe. Any one who has every tried figure skating would definately classify it as a sport. I'm a figure skater of 15 years, applying next year.

I know, I know not really the subject but since we've diverged into an argument on figure skating a sport or not I thought I'd through my .02 in.

I've been a figure skater/dancer for the past 21 years, and my bf and I are constantly arguing (in the most fun way possible) about this.

I call it a sport. He doesn't.

When we first started going out (it's been almost 5 yrs now) he said No way, no How. I have since at least gotten him to consider it an incredible "athletic" endeavour, but he'll never call it a true sport anymore than nascar is a true sport in his head.

He does have a point about the subjectivity of figure skating though. The way he sees it, a sport is something that can be quantitatively determined by a clear-cut decision -ie. football/touchdown, baseball/homerun, soccer-hockey/goals.

Anything that is judged so subjectively as figure skating (although we've made excellent strides in that regard -- I so remember all those precision competitions growing up where we'd skate the best but the sponsering team would win anyway!), gymnastics, diving, etc is not a sport to him because they can never be decided without emotions/artistic being involved.

Figure skaters are among the best athletes in the world, and while I do see figure skating as a sport vs say dancing (ballet, jazz, modern, etc), I can also see where he is coming from....

Now back to the actual subject -- I'm a figure skater/dancer and won't be applying til 2005 and haven't decided yet whether I prefer DO or MD. I want to go into orthopedics/sports medicine and work with mostly athletes. In my town the majority of ortho clinics are all MD or at most one DO--only one has an equal number of each, but with my interest in how even subtle changes in a body position change so many things and liking the whole person concept I wonder which will end up being the right choice for me. Any advice out there would be appreciated!

--Jessica, UCCS

Hey

Well, I am a sophmore so i ve been playing 2 years soccer ncaa division 1. I also played for the under 17 and under 21 national mexican team....I ll be applying till next year.....0=)

Eddie

UR Sexy,
What school do you play for? I played at UC Davis.. looks like I just missed the Div. I move, but Oh well, still made it to NCAA semi-finals and beat UC San Diego the three time reigning champions.

CSU Fresno bro, we are in the pac-10.....

Eduardo

NCAA Div. II Softball Pitcher here!!

Glad to be done though, just a few more games and I never have to listen to a fat bald man yell at me again!!!

Well at least not over something so trivial as letting the number nine batter get a hit! God how stupid of me, how could I let a college hitter get a hit, I mean she is in the nine spot she must suck! (Hope you all catch the sarcasm) :D

Vanessa

Intramurals here I come!!

Kappapiomega-
Where did you pitch for? I pitched for a d-III school, but we always played d-II teams on spring break. I had to miss my last game ever to take the mcats and miss it so much. It stinks because once you graduate, they don't have fastpitch anywhere (around me at least), only keg-leagues. Good luck with the rest of your season!

I pitch for Lincoln Memorial University in Harrogate, TN.

We play in the gulf south conference of the south region.

Yeah I am probably going to miss it too, but right now, I am just relieved to be done!

Vanessa

did track and cross country in highschool. i was offered a scholarship to run track and a university but i declined the offer and went somewhere else..i kind of wish i accepted it because i really miss it! oh well