Any attending Mississippi? How do you like the dean?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

billyjones

Mr. Increadible
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Temple University School of Dentistry is searching for a new dean. They have narrowed their search to three individuals. They all seem to have very impressive qualifications.

Dr. James R. Hupp is currently the dean of the School of Dentistry at the University of Mississippi. Anyone attending mississippi have insite on the character of Dr. Hupp? Does he seem intrested in the success of the students? Does he appear intreasted in providing an outstanding educational environment?

Thanks for your input!

Members don't see this ad.

I've been accepted there...the man has a DMD, MD, JD, and an MBA...maybe more. He's definitely well accomplished. I think he was named distinguished alumnus at the Harvard School of Dentistry within the past year. I know UMC just got new sim labs that I would think rival anything out there...I guess he prob had something to do w/ that.

He is a very qualified and accomplished person, for sure. The news of a new clinic is also very exciting, it is very much needed here at Temple.

Does anyone else have any insite into Mississippi Dental School, or Dr. Hupp?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm a third year student @ UMC and have been pretty impressed with Dr. Hupp. I'm not intimately aware of the policy work he has done since he arrived here, but I have nothing negative to say about his character. He is warm and approachable and wears his authority well. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask. We will hate to loose him.

Holy ****, dude has a 32 page CV.

-Hup!

I meet with Dr. Hupp the other day, and man was I impressed. I am rooting for him as Temples new dean. He can bring the changes that temple needs.

The main impression i got was he is always looking for a challenge and he does what he can to succeed. am i wrong in this?