Any Biotech Investors?

Started by HealthHare
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

HealthHare

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone on this forum into investing in biotech companies?

Any thoughts on the upcoming approval decisions for VVUS and CHTP drugs?
 
I made about $20k with $10k off of the recent Vivus drug approval, using an options straddle. Too bad it was in my virtual account though!
 
Lesson learned: avoid investing in BPAX and DNDN at all costs. Its like crack to a trader.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I had some share in IDIX (Idenix) when the Hep C market started to rev up earlier this year after buyout of one of the last 2-3 biotech firms that had promising early phase trials. IDIX was the remaining one with a nuc in the pipeline and rumors of a bidding war for it between the big pharmas broke up and shot the price way high. Sold it when it met resistance. Generally I've never done well with biotechs, they seem to just stay low and hover there forever with minimal trading volume.
 
This year I've bought 225 shares of MNKD @ 2.21 in hopes that Afrezza will be approved in 2013. Also recently bought 31 shares of VVUS @ 19.46 in hopes that Qnexa will be approved next month. Also been looking at KERX and AEZS for a while.
 
Not exactly a biotech, but does anyone have thoughts on AMRN? It looks fairly promising, heading in a good direction and could threaten GSK's Lovaza. There's a lot of hype and rumors are leaking on a potential buy out. I'm sitting on +30% right now and will stay long out on a speculation play.