Any Black Greeks around here?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I am sorry what term should I use?

It is never too late to express your interest in a greek letter organization. There are even members that have joined our organization (as I'm sure in the others) as senior citizens.

A little tid bit..."pledging" is not really a term that should be used. Just a heads up :).

Members don't see this ad.

Yoooooooooooo!!!
Seven klub
alpha pi
fall 2k3

Nupes! Whats really good!!!!

As everyone else has said... it's good to see the divine nine doing big things in professional school.

Lambda Omega
Spr 2k2

Members don't see this ad :)
<~ just look at my name :) Delta Rho Fall '08. Glad to see the Greek love. Interviewed at Howard the other day. Of 13 people, only 6 were black and all of those female. The dental student that was part of my interview was an Alpha though.

KAPsi here
Pharmacy school here, 4th year student

I was wondering since this is my last year of freedom should I or could i pledge now

That's a question that only you can answer. I know people that pledged during their last semester of senior year and have had no regrets. Others that develop interest in an organizations during their last year decide to pursue membership in an alumni chapter. The choice is yours. I would try talking to members on your campus about your situation. They might not even be having intake, which will make your choice much easier. Hope this helps

see I am not a current student I have my masters and am working as a teacher so I do not know where or how to begin. I am nervous to be laughed at I am not trying to go back to college days i just want a sense of unity with my black brothers and sisters I still believe in community and am looking forward to still being a part of the black community no matter where I live or what I do for a living. I also want my daughter growing up in this environment so that maybe she will go to a black college( howard or spellman) and live her life as a positive sister ok I know she she is only 2 but I need to start guiding her now

That's a question that only you can answer. I know people that pledged during their last semester of senior year and have had no regrets. Others that develop interest in an organizations during their last year decide to pursue membership in an alumni chapter. The choice is yours. I would try talking to members on your campus about your situation. They might not even be having intake, which will make your choice much easier. Hope this helps

i was a black greek in an all-white sorority. needless to say, i am no longer a black greek :p

Proud member of A-Phi-A checking in, aiming to start my MD-PhD fall 2010. Best of luck to all fellow Greeks!

Reactions: 1 user
Good luck with the MD-PhD phrat!

I didn't know where to put this here or in the lounge, but whatever.

Just wanted to give a shoutout to the divine nine. I always appreciate seeing black greeks go pre-med. very rare at my school.

A-Phi-A over here.

A Phi A here. Why doesn't it surprise me that there are so many bruhs and sorors checking in. lol! Good Post.

I'm not in a fraternity..thought about joining one, but thats a different story...its just good to see that African Americans are represented in pre-med/med school....i was going to start a thread:"African Americans in med school and/or M.D.'s" Hopefully i'll be in med school soon.....Peace

Members don't see this ad :)
Greetings to all my Ice Cold, Distinguished A Phi A brothers, all my lovely AKA sisters and to all of the other members of the Divine Nine, as well. Representing the Distinguished Delta Kappa Chapter of A PHI A

Hi everyone! I'm a proud member of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc :)

Glad to find some more D9 who are pre-med/pre-dent as well

Good luck to everyone!

PHA Mason...didnt kno hwere to put it tho...NC A&T students with hopes of med school

An Alpha Kappa Alpha woman here! May we continue to inspire and encourage other Black students pursuing careers in medicine the glory and joy of PERSEVERANCE. While we are disproportionally represented in medicine, the representation here speaks for progress and change. (A change we can believe in... Right? ;) )

Best wishes to pre-meds, MCATers, applicants, and re-applicants.

I'm glad to see so many black greeks handling business. Do what it do.

The CALI QUES are in the building!!

"Blood, sweat, and tears!!...Rain, thunder, and light!! I'm gon pledge Que Psi Phi with all of my might!!"

Phi Beta Sigma checking in. I start med school in the fall, thank God:) G.O.M.A.B. to all the bruhs and much luv the D9, blue phi!

Hello everyone,

A proud member of Delta Sigma Theta checking in. I am planning on doing a double masters before i head to med school.

Good luck everyone and I am so happy that there are members of Divine Nine thats doing well academically and pursuing degrees in the professional world.

I am a third year medical student at USC (Univ. Of Southern Cali) but I just wanted to show this thread some love. Good luck to everyone applying and waiting on acceptances!

another lovely lady of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc. I just got into UT Southwestern and met a handful of Greeks there.

You all remain blessed :)

Skeewee to all my sorors!!! I recently applied to a few pharmacy schools in my area. Waiting to hear good news. Goodluck to all the D9 recent applicants!!!

I am a undergrad bio student. I plan on sending my application to dst chapter at my school this upcoming fall! This will be my final year, would you recommend my decision to join(especially with the level of course work: Organic chem i,genetic,calcii,human behavior) ???

Please let me know!

Thanks

Greetings from Spring06!
skeeee weeee to all my lovely aka sorors good luck to all! Follow your dreams today for it is in you!

EEEEEEEE-YiP! SGRho in the building! Pharmacy student starting P1 this coming fall! Funny stumbling into this this it def mad me happy best of luck to you all!

representing Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Inc.....Brooklyn Graduate Chapter....Greetings and Salutations to Frat, Soror and my other Greek family.

representing Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Inc.....Brooklyn Graduate Chapter....Greetings and Salutations to Frat, Soror and my other Greek family.

Welcome to SDN Soror! I am a member of the Bronx Graduate chapter :)

I love this thread. I haven't joined a sorority yet but maybe in the next few years. My aunt joked that if my sisters or I joined her sorority that she would fund or educations. I might have to take her up on that, lol.

I'm glad to have discovered this thread! There are just a handful of Black Greek healthcare professionals at my school, so its always good to stumble across more. I'm a recent PharmD grad impatiently awaiting my board exam results and sending a glass shattering Skeeee-Weeee to my Sorors and Greek love to my fellow D9! :p

AKA, Fall '08... pre-MD/MPH. it's great to see so many greeks making moves in medicine on this thread!

Greetings to all my Oh So Lovely Sorors of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Incorporated!!! Best of luck to everyone!!!!

Last edited:
Greeting to all my Oh So Lovely Sorors of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Incorporated!!! Best of luck to everyone!!!!

Glad to see so many sorors on here!!
Spr '08 in the building!
Getting my MPH now, Officially Med School Class of 2015! Best of luck to all of you but especially all MY Sorors =)

Hey all,

Proud member of Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Inc. here

Any advice or encouragement for a med school reapplicant is welcome :).....

Checking in from the "Raw" Rho Tau Chapter of Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity Inc on the Campus of George Mason University.

Greetings to everyone, especially frat and soror. It's a beautiful thing what we are all trying to do and lets not lose focus! We can do it!

Hello to All My Fellow Greeks,

Proud Brother of Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity checking in.. ( Still celebrating our centennial!). It feels good to see Greeks especially NPHC in the world of medicine. Im getting ready for my last semester in college. Im hoping we can expand on this thread and if anybody knows ANY programs, has advice or tips on the steps to have a more competitive edge for Medical school, Please share! I'm all ears and would love to get as much feedback as I can. I think WE all can benefit from this.

PEACE

Oo-oop soror! and greetings to the other divine nine members!

Does Beta Beta Beta count as a greek organization. (Biology honors society)? LMBO!

Zeta Phi Beta
Fall 2006
Ace Club!!!
ZKA meticulouZ

Hey everyone! :D