any body take the naplex or mjse lately..post 5/03

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

neilzep

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
a

Members don't see this ad.

kristakoch said:
I have taken and passed the NAPLEX and MPJE in IL. took both between oct and nov of this year

How was it?? i am going back into pharmacy,so i have to take the naplex and las again!! i got a bsc in 1990. Is their a lot of therapeutics questions??i studied CPR by shargell and shroffs books............for the law i got thebooklet from the state and some cd's...should i get a federal law book??
thxs

Basically for the Naplex I had a lot of questions on HIV and opportunistic infections related to HIV/AIDS. Make sure you know all the current guidelines for the treatment of all. Also know the ADRs from all HIV/AIDS medications. I also had a lot of calculations, not kinetics problems. Make sure to know all your brand to generics. A friend of mine also had chemo on hers.

on the MPJE, the most is the controlled substances act, know what your state has for that. Also read over the pharmacy practice act for your state so you are familiar with that.

Members don't see this ad :)
I would say do not worry too much about the NAPLEX as it is fairly easy this year. If you passed all your classes in pharmacy scholl you'll probably be ok with that test. Worry more about the MPJE, which is MUCH harder. I took both of them in July.

I took the AL NAPLEX and MPJE. Passed them both. Trust me on this.. NAPLEX was much harder than law. and FYI know your federal laws- i maybe had 5 total state specific questions on the entire exam.

docphrmcy said:
I took the AL NAPLEX and MPJE. Passed them both. Trust me on this.. NAPLEX was much harder than law. and FYI know your federal laws- i maybe had 5 total state specific questions on the entire exam.

What books did you all use to study for both? Any that were not worth using?