any canadians applying to waterloo? HELP!

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

powerpuff

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am currently filling out that COMPASS. 105 application (i'm in alberta) and I seem to be stuck in a dead end. i've filled out the intial part of the form and they have emailed me the reference number so i went back to the site they emailed me and now i have no clue what to do?!! it just seems like i am going into circles? any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

powerpuff said:
I am currently filling out that COMPASS. 105 application (i'm in alberta) and I seem to be stuck in a dead end. i've filled out the intial part of the form and they have emailed me the reference number so i went back to the site they emailed me and now i have no clue what to do?!! it just seems like i am going into circles? any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

I'm applying to Waterloo too. After you have completed the OUAC 105 form, you just need to sit back and wait. Make sure you have actually clicked submit on the application and then they will send you a confirmation e mail. They will also send you something in the mail telling you they received the application. The OUAC 105 application will then be sent to Waterloo, and Waterloo will mail you the optometry school application form. I'm not sure if I answered your question, but I've already submitted that stupid online form so feel free to ask away.

hey,thanks for the reply =)
i finished my application and then they sent me an email with a reference number..did they send that to you too?
and they said that we are supposed to go back onto the site with the number?? this is what they emailed me..

"Select the option labelled 'Review and Change Your Completed Application'. You will require your OUAC reference number and your COMPASS password to access this site. Please allow 2-3 business days for processing of your submitted application before attempting to login to 'Review and Change Your Completed Application"

or do i just wait for the snail mail to come in and that's it?? i was under the impression that i had to relogin and put that number in somewhere..oh dear..maybe i am reading these instructions wrong >< yipes

Members don't see this ad :)
powerpuff said:
hey,thanks for the reply =)
i finished my application and then they sent me an email with a reference number..did they send that to you too?
and they said that we are supposed to go back onto the site with the number?? this is what they emailed me..

"Select the option labelled 'Review and Change Your Completed Application'. You will require your OUAC reference number and your COMPASS password to access this site. Please allow 2-3 business days for processing of your submitted application before attempting to login to 'Review and Change Your Completed Application"

or do i just wait for the snail mail to come in and that's it?? i was under the impression that i had to relogin and put that number in somewhere..oh dear..maybe i am reading these instructions wrong >< yipes

Yeah, I got that e mail too. I was confused and just logged into it a couple of days later and didn't change anything in my application. It appears to work because I got my snail mail! It is a confusing process...

oh i was under the impression that we had to go back and re-submit our appplication somehow with the new reference number (?) haha i think i'll just hold tight and wait a few days before i start freaking out =)

thanks!

pre_opt_sku said:
Yeah, I got that e mail too. I was confused and just logged into it a couple of days later and didn't change anything in my application. It appears to work because I got my snail mail! It is a confusing process...