Any certificates/CEs to help break into obscure pharmacy fields?

Started by baronzb
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

baronzb

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm trying to break into different fields of pharmacy by looking up certificates/CEs. I looked at PCCA and nuclear, diabetes and geriatrics.

Am I going about this wrong? I am trying to break into these pharmacy fields, with the hope that getting CE or certification will be the key. The PCCA representative mentioned that this wouldn't really help get a job, most applicants already work at a compounding facility.
It seems that there really aren't certifications but CEs for most of these things. I am open to any of these kinds of fields, nuke, LTC, compounding, etc. What am I missing here and what should I do? My school provided no guidance with these things? I don't know what to do?