Any chance to get into Columbia?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hyh0717

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I attend the University of Toronto planning to apply to several U.S. dental schools in this upcoming cycle.

I'm particularly interested in Columbia univ. and wondering if it's worth it to apply there with my stats.

cGPA: 3.94
sGPA: 3.97
AA (took a Canadian one): 20 (should have prepared more...)
PAT: 23
RC: 18

If you think I'm not competitive to apply to Columbia, could you recommend other schools as well? Perhaps I should just retake the DAT!

Any suggestion/advice/feedback will be appreciated.
Thanks!

with your gpa from UofT, you should be able to kill the DAT. I know you most likely didn't have enough time to prepare since the cdn dat is during midterm times but hopefully you can prepare more next time.

if you really want to go columbia, i think you need really high DAT scores (that's what they're known for).

if you really want to go an ivy league school, i think you have a better chance at UPenn since they look at gpa more than dat.

check out predents.com

you can get a rough idea of what kind of applicants apply to which schools

Columbia's average on the DAT is 22, so you should shoot for at least that.
Good luck on your application!

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the help guys

Then, is there any schools that I can feel competitive with my DAT scores in the states? I guess 20AA is way too low to apply to American dental schools in general.

Thanks for the help guys

Then, is there any schools that I can feel competitive with my DAT scores in the states? I guess 20AA is way too low to apply to American dental schools in general.

Remember, DAT isn't the only factor that the schools take into consideration. Be sure to apply to most of the private schools. :)

A past international applicant's comments would be more helpful though.