Any concerns with giving a Locum Tenens recruiter your CV?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MMADoc

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi All.

Another Locum Tenens recruiter question. Decided on 2-3 agencies to work with (Locum Tenens, CHG Healthcare, one other TBD) but every other agency who I even inquire with about specific positions they have posted wants a copy of my CV in the first discussion. I was wondering if there should be anything of concern if I gave them a copy upfront?

Also, any advice for dealing/fielding offers from agencies for a LT noob? My paranoid nature is coming out even more so working with recruiters.

Thanks for the advice.

Members don't see this ad.

I mean...you'll never ever stopped being contacted. That would be my only concern. What are yours?

I kind of figured that would be the case anyway since I had to provide them a phone number and email address, though I created an email specifically for Locums to help reduce the risk.

I guess maybe posting my CV or using it to shop me around to hospitals? It is just curious that they all want a CV super early.

Members don't see this ad :)
Take it from me. Big mistake. You will be bombarded with emails and phone calls.

Tangentially related. Watch our for indemnity clause language in locums contracts.

Take it from me. Big mistake. You will be bombarded with emails and phone calls.

Yeah, I figured that was the risk I am running. Just out of curiosity, what method would you have recommended to contact for Locum Positions?

Yeah, I figured that was the risk I am running. Just out of curiosity, what method would you have recommended to contact for Locum Positions?
I dont know TBH. Maybe you should target one locum company and make them promise they won't share your CV with any other entities.

As a soon(ish) to be grad how do I go about finding a good staffing company to work for? Do certain companies staff certain assignments? Like if I want to find ER or overnight shift coverage.

If you are going to reach out to jobs yourself, you can’t negotiate for yourself if the recruiter already sent your CV. They will get credit. Not a big deal if you aren’t looking in that area.

If you are going to reach out to jobs yourself, you can’t negotiate for yourself if the recruiter already sent your CV. They will get credit. Not a big deal if you aren’t looking in that area.

That is interesting and a point I have not though about. Do you know if that would only be for the locums work or do permanent positions also count? Or do recruiters mass spam CVs?

That is interesting and a point I have not though about. Do you know if that would only be for the locums work or do permanent positions also count? Or do recruiters mass spam CVs?

Each locum company has a job list. I wouldn’t be surprised if they send CV’s to most of the jobs on the list at the same time they notify the doctor of the job. This way they get credit. They won’t send them to every gig on the planet. They need a contract with the company to get paid.