Any COTA's in NY looking for the MS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

superCOTA

MS, OT by 2011 !!!
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Are there any OT assistants looking to upgrade to OT and having trouble justifing the cost of making the leap?

Would a weekend program that waives the second level chem-bio-physics classes be the answer?

Could I be hinting at a new progam within the SUNY system :rolleyes:

Any COTA's out there?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
BUMP !

Since it's been a year, so I wanted to refresh this one.

Stony Brook still has their COTA to OT weekend program and it's a great option for practicing OTA/COTA's out there.

This program may not be around forever, and it's a lot cheaper than any other option out there, well worth one's time and effort. :thumbup:

snooze or lose, guys! :sleep:

Members don't see this ad :)
There is no provision for PTA's that I am aware of.
Misercordia has 3 tracks but i dunno how you would fit into any of them.

I don't think this is true.My coworker emailed the coordinater and she said it's not true. She said just because your a COTA does not mean you can be exempt from pre req such as Chemistry/Biology/ Physics.You still have to take that class.Where did you find that information from?

I was referring to the second 4 credit class of each subject - chem/bio/physics.

But actually, after digging around, I see that most NYC area OT programs cut that requirement out anyway.

wow.

I will start a second thread on that.

still, there are a few advantages for a COTA to take this weekend only program... some classes are waived, and moreover they can still work and keep their life while attending class.