Any C's in Chemistry?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
heh, that ginger bread cookie may come to fruition afterall. if i'd applied to CCOM, I would donate my acceptance to you ;)

u on aim?

What did you miss me? LOL!:rolleyes: Where were you earlier last night? I still say you will be fine.

Dr. Kicia, he is totally cranky, but funny.:laugh: :smuggrin:

Members don't see this ad.

What did you miss me? LOL!:rolleyes: Where were you earlier last night? I still say you will be fine.

Dr. Kicia, he is totally cranky, but funny.:laugh: :smuggrin:

i had class and got home a lil late.

Chuck Norris recently had the idea to sell his urine as a canned beverage. We know this beverage as Red Bull:smuggrin:

Are you telling me that I drink Chuck Norris' piss almost everyday?

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah...I got a C in gen chem 2...never took chem. in high school -- at least that is my excuse. I wouldn't sweat over it, just do better with your other courses.

Not in Chemistry but I did get a C in Physics I. The worst part is, I still don't get it and I'll be retaking the MCAT in January.

I got a C in Physics II. But I countered it by honoring my Orgo class and got an A in that. (this was this past Spring - so nervous about that for admissions this year!!!)

UPDATE! THe op is an MS1 at CCOM. So you can get in with a C!

Marcia

I got C+, C in two gen chem classes freshman year, then C+, C in orgo but otherwise straight A's in all other hard science. I just suck at chem. I've got three interviews comin up and I'm anxious to see if anybody brings this up. I've got my reasons, but I'm sure they've heard them all.

Gen Chem 1: C+
Gen Chem 2: A-
I'm more than half done with Organic 1, meaning that I have taken 2 exams and done most of the labs and I have an A so far!!! I hope I can keep it that way!!!!!!:thumbup: Upward trends kick ass!

I got a C in Ochem 1 and C+ in Ochem 2.

Fortunately the right people in admissions offices decided they wanted to interview me, and I got a couple of acceptances out of it!

Freshman year:
Gen Chem I: C
Gen Chem II: B-

Sophomore year:
Orgo I: C- (retook it summer after junior year and got an A)
Orgo II: C

And while we are at it, I got a C in Phys I as well....but an A in Phys II

And I'm a first year medical student :)

I received a C in both gen chem II and orgo I. I took orgo II and pulled a B. My advice, if you feel like your C grades are indicative of a lack of effort then take the next class in the sequence and work your butt off. I did this and it got me an acceptance at KCUMB.

You know how AACOMAS count the higher grade if you retake... does it still apply to equivalent courses but taken at different institutions? For example, would a C in gen. chem from community college (during high school) be replaced by the B I received from my current 4 year institution when the gpa is calculated? Although both courses are equivalent, they are called differently i.e. Chem 400 vs. Chem 20. The General chem course I took wasn't even counted into my GPA (at my current institution) since it was equivalent (the course credit also transfered over) Does anyone know?

All my worst grades in college were in Organic and I had the same teacher for all of them, never could figure out his tests. I'm hoping that my better grades in later chemistry classes will help. I managed a 3.7 in my P-chem class.

I've gotten 5 Cs including a C+ in OrgoII, 1 D, and about 18 hours of Ws out of about 250 hours (not including the Ws).

I got plenty of Cs and even a D my freshman/soph years. After that it was all As/Bs for the rest of my UG and mostly As for my grad/postbacc.

I did get a C in Physics II last May b/c I was so engrossed in my orgo course. I honored it and had a bunch of projects going on, and really neglected Physics.

And I got in to CCOM with several other interviews cancelled after that.