Any benefit to attending interviews after acceptance?

Started by ecobio
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ecobio

Full Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am very grateful to have an acceptance at one of my top programs. Since then, I've gotten a couple II from DO programs. I've been turning some of them down, as I dont see myself there & dont want to waste anybody's time. My mom has been encouraging me to attend all interviews I get for 1) practice 2) see if they offer me any money. But, I would feel bad utilizing interviews solely for practice / my own gain. Idk.

My question is -- do DO schools often offer lots of financial aid? I've been considering going to my in state DO interviews at a minimum, but even then I dont think I'd attend, so I circle back to not wanting to waste everyones time...

Any thoughts on this? Thanks guys.
 
Your acceptance is to Quinnipiac, right? I would attend MD interviews only at this point. I have not heard of DO schools offering significant aid + MD is going to keep more doors open than DO will.
 
Your acceptance is to Quinnipiac, right? I would attend MD interviews only at this point. I have not heard of DO schools offering significant aid + MD is going to keep more doors open than DO will.
Thanks clashy. Yeah, its Quinnipiac.

That's what my gut was telling me. Sounds good, I'll decline the DO offers I have / withdraw 😱