any DO radiologists out there?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KylieP54

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, just wondering if there were any DO radiologists reading this forum....I will be a DO and was interested in rad., but I know it's a bit harder to specialize as a DO. Did you do anything extra to make you stand out more besides a good board score and contacts? Just curious, thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

KylieP54 said:
Hey, just wondering if there were any DO radiologists reading this forum....I will be a DO and was interested in rad., but I know it's a bit harder to specialize as a DO. Did you do anything extra to make you stand out more besides a good board score and contacts? Just curious, thanks!

I know of a few DOs from PCOM class of 2004 that matched in rads. Couple were in the military but there were a few that went through normal match.

USMLE is a must. Research or case based publications will help you stand out. Try to do rotations at the programs you are most interested in. Before your rotations, read up on the basics. Use Felsons and Squires. During your rotations, relax and be yourself. You are not going to impress anyone w/ your radiology knowledge, but rather you want leave the impression that you are an intelligent, enthusiastic person that they wouldn't mind working w/ for four years. Answer questions only when asked and never try to show up the residents.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have nothing substantial to add to this thread, other than some inspiration. I can think of 2 DO residents at Brigham and Womens. One went to PCOM, and I'm sure the other went to AZCOM. Good luck to you :thumbup:

Thank you all for your input!!! I greatly appreciate it! glad to hear there are DO rads out there!!!!!
thanks again. ;)