Any exotic/herp vets?

Started by Tortaspie
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Tortaspie

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I really want to be an exotic veterinarian. I love exotics, especially reptiles (I have 2 tortoises). How much does an exotic vet make compared to a vet that focuses on dogs and cats? Are there certain classes that you can take in vet school that focus on exotics or is it just something you have to pursue after veterinary school?

I can't think of anything I would want to do more but the debt really scares me. I am probably going to apply to washingtons school because of the idaho/Montana/utah program but I am worried that the tuition costs are high there.