Any Fall 2011 information?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

peachyAuD

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just seeing if anyone starting in Fall 2011 has heard any specifics from their schools - first day of orientation, class registration how-tos, schedules, etc.

So far I've got an email about paying an enrollment deposit and they attached a new student checklist - things like turning in immunization records, sending official transcripts (thanks for nothing CSDCAS), setting up my school email, etc. But that came from my "admissions counselor", not the department.

Anybody else? Or anyone who has already started their program, can you tell us when to expect more information? :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Just seeing if anyone starting in Fall 2011 has heard any specifics from their schools - first day of orientation, class registration how-tos, schedules, etc.

So far I've got an email about paying an enrollment deposit and they attached a new student checklist - things like turning in immunization records, sending official transcripts (thanks for nothing CSDCAS), setting up my school email, etc. But that came from my "admissions counselor", not the department.

Anybody else? Or anyone who has already started their program, can you tell us when to expect more information? :confused:

I was all in a tizzy about this the other day. I've gotten my aid information for fall and I'm also aware of the tentative class schedule for first years for fall but I haven't heard anything official since I've sent in my acceptance notice. You aren't alone, peachyAuD!!

From what I've heard from faculty/friends attending other programs, most programs are still finalizing their incoming class (wait list is still going on) and will wait till the class is finalized before doing anything official.

I've heard from the head of the AuD program at my school and she told me to expect something by the end of May when the class is finalized....also my program will begin late September so that could have something to do with it as well.

Last edited:
All I've gotten is a financial aid package and an email from the program director saying that we will be getting an information packet about class schedules, registration, and orientation in June... I'm going crazy waiting, because I want to know when we actually start and what my class schedule is going to look like first semester!

Members don't see this ad :)
Why can't they be more like SLP programs, where they actually finalize their class by early May and notify students to register for their first year in two-three months in advance!? o_O You all going to one of the recognized Au.D programs in the US and things should be moving quicker! ugh! I'm so sorry, guys. Now I'm not looking forward to that part!

What is the big deal with the date of registration anyway? It is not like the classes are going to fill up since the only people taking them are your classmates. If you have a lot of concern about the issue I would send an email to the department secretary or to the head of graduate admissions in the department but it isn't going to change anything.

What is the big deal with the date of registration anyway? It is not like the classes are going to fill up since the only people taking them are your classmates. If you have a lot of concern about the issue I would send an email to the department secretary or to the head of graduate admissions in the department but it isn't going to change anything.

Oh I don't think they meant WHEN they were going to register but what they will register for.... I think we are all anxious and would like to know more information..which will be coming soon enough :). Also, eastr90, what program was lucky enough to have you? I don't believe you ever mentioned it!

I'm not worried about the classes filling up, I just like to know what to expect. I'm a plan-ahead kind of gal. And to be clear, I'm not just talking about classes, but other things - like which lot I should park in!

I remember when I was getting ready to start undergrad, I received a huge packet about my program and the school itself. It appears that grad school may be a bit different.

I agree that calling them or any other way to express your issue(s) is not going to change anything. Right, the classes are not going to the fill up BECAUSE you are in those classes for sure, but isn't there more than just registering for classes? Signing up for clinical rotations because some clinics can't take all 10-12 students in one semester. That's one example.

Please, let me know how long it took your school to give you all the important steps prior to starting your first week. I'm curious to see how organized or not organized these programs are because after all we're paying for a huge loan here later...and we want it to be worth the pulling our hair and such.

I'm not worried about the classes filling up, I just like to know what to expect. I'm a plan-ahead kind of gal. And to be clear, I'm not just talking about classes, but other things - like which lot I should park in!

I remember when I was getting ready to start undergrad, I received a huge packet about my program and the school itself. It appears that grad school may be a bit different.

Same here! I want to know what classes I'm taking so I can review the material this summer, and also want to know if my class schedule will be compatible with my part-time job. Also, we're trying to plan a vacation for August, and not knowing exactly what day my orientation starts isn't very helpful!

I would just give it another few weeks or so before you really start worrying about things like I said..programs are still finalizing their classes.

I haven't heard anything from my program yet but I do know exactly where I will be in clinic (we are all in-house at the program clinic our first year), when orientation is and what my class schedule will be like. It never changes year to year at my program. I suspect that is the case at other programs as well. I know a lot of AuD students in my program so that helps....I would email the departments and ask for some AuD students you could contact...they can "unofficially" fill you in on what to expect. Don't judge your program by what is going on right now. If they are being extremely unresponsive to phone calls and emails or August rolls around and you still haven't heard anything "official" then you have a problem.

I feel kind of lucky because my program has been pretty good about updates. We have an audiology listserv to contact other incoming AuD students(although I have found a couple on facebook and that seems easier). We have received information for housing/transportation options and one teacher has already emailed textbooks/workbooks we will be using and that we should look at them over summer break. Eek! At least I will feel better prepared and can brush up:) I'm assuming for classes, you'd just sign up for the ones following the suggested course schedule. I'm certain they will be letting us know when to take action and help us through the process. I hope all you others get the information you are waiting for soon!

Just an update that I received information from my program about registering for classes, as well as our orientation schedule and our clinic calendar.

I also got the textbook list, but I had to email the profs about that.

Hope the rest of you got some info! :)

Just an update that I received information from my program about registering for classes, as well as our orientation schedule and our clinic calendar.

I also got the textbook list, but I had to email the profs about that.

Hope the rest of you got some info! :)

Ditto! I got mines about a month ago AND we now have a forum in which all of us UW AuD newbies can interact :). Does everyone else have an obscene amount of immunizations to do? Holy moly. I also have to pay for a background check and a CPR class. It makes sense to do all of this but WOW, it's a lot of work and $$$.

Last edited:
Ditto! I got mines about a month ago AND we now have a forum in which all of us UW AuD newbies can interact :). Does everyone else have an obscene amount of immunizations to do? Holy moly. I also have to pay for a background check and a CPR class. It's make sense to do all of this but WOW, it's a lot of work and $$$.

I got an orientation schedule and information for registering for my 3 academic classes about a month ago. We won't be able to register for clinicals until orientation, which is pretty frustrating since I can't look for a part-time job to work around a schedule that I don't know yet! I could only find information about one textbook too....

Ditto! I got mines about a month ago AND we now have a forum in which all of us UW AuD newbies can interact :). Does everyone else have an obscene amount of immunizations to do? Holy moly. I also have to pay for a background check and a CPR class. It's make sense to do all of this but WOW, it's a lot of work and $$$.

I had to update two immunizations, get a TB test, and have two separate bloodwork tests - far too many needles! :scared:

And I hear you on the $$$, with all those doctor's visits and the CPR/background check, it's all adding up already...

On a positive note, I should add that I went down to TN and found a great apartment this week - which has me very excited to move and start school!

Last edited: