Any finished a research-based MS program and got in?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fahimaz7

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm in the mood for success/failure stories. I graduated from the University of Georgia with a 3.2/30Q (10,9,11) on the first try. I'm now working on a research-based MS degree in cell and molecular biology (Immuno-cancer research) and I'm about to reapply.

Anyone out there w/ similar stuff have luck?

Scott

Members don't see this ad.

fahimaz7 said:
I'm in the mood for success/failure stories. I graduated from the University of Georgia with a 3.2/30Q (10,9,11) on the first try. I'm now working on a research-based MS degree in cell and molecular biology (Immuno-cancer research) and I'm about to reapply.

Anyone out there w/ similar stuff have luck?

Scott

Hi,
I'm not a re-applicant, but I am finishing a research-based MS this year and I have been accepted in a few MD programs. My MCAT score was about the same as yours. I think my experience in research has helped me gain admission.

I graduated with a very low undergraduate GPA, and low MCAT scores ... did a 2-year MS program (1st year classes, 2nd year research).. the MS program also helped me alot for the MCAT Bio prep.. Improved my GPA and MCAT, re-applied and got into med school.. Keep in mind that Graduate level science courses are a lot harder than college classes, so you have to work your tail off. In the end, it all depends on how bad you really want to go to med school.

I finished a research based program in hematology/immunology and got accepted to MD and DO. I completed my research in B-CLL.