Any finished a research-based MS program and got in?

Started by fahimaz7
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

fahimaz7

Full Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm in the mood for success/failure stories. I graduated from the University of Georgia with a 3.2/30Q (10,9,11) on the first try. I'm now working on a research-based MS degree in cell and molecular biology (Immuno-cancer research) and I'm about to reapply.

Anyone out there w/ similar stuff have luck?

Scott
 
fahimaz7 said:
I'm in the mood for success/failure stories. I graduated from the University of Georgia with a 3.2/30Q (10,9,11) on the first try. I'm now working on a research-based MS degree in cell and molecular biology (Immuno-cancer research) and I'm about to reapply.

Anyone out there w/ similar stuff have luck?

Scott

Hi,
I'm not a re-applicant, but I am finishing a research-based MS this year and I have been accepted in a few MD programs. My MCAT score was about the same as yours. I think my experience in research has helped me gain admission.
 
I graduated with a very low undergraduate GPA, and low MCAT scores ... did a 2-year MS program (1st year classes, 2nd year research).. the MS program also helped me alot for the MCAT Bio prep.. Improved my GPA and MCAT, re-applied and got into med school.. Keep in mind that Graduate level science courses are a lot harder than college classes, so you have to work your tail off. In the end, it all depends on how bad you really want to go to med school.
 
I finished a research based program in hematology/immunology and got accepted to MD and DO. I completed my research in B-CLL.