Any Ghanaian, Nigerian or West African Here?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
yep. I'm from Anambra. Went to University primary school Enugu, then Fed. Gov. College Owerri for 2 years, and finally Queen's College Lagos. Oh, and parents live in Abuja now. Feels like we're touring Nigeria. How about you?

Members don't see this ad.

Hello fellow Naija people. I am happy to say that I will be joining your ranks as a professional since I will be attending UIC-COM in the fall...wish me luck and I wish you all the best!! I know already that I will find more Naija pesin there...lets stick together and become the best that we can!
Naija Represent,

PUZZLEBOX:cool:

Originally posted by ify
yep. I'm from Anambra. Went to University primary school Enugu, then Fed. Gov. College Owerri for 2 years, and finally Queen's College Lagos. Oh, and parents live in Abuja now. Feels like we're touring Nigeria. How about you?

oh wow, somethin tells me i might know u, or know people that know u, check ur pm. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by Puzzlebox
Hello fellow Naija people. I am happy to say that I will be joining your ranks as a professional since I will be attending UIC-COM in the fall...wish me luck and I wish you all the best!! I know already that I will find more Naija pesin there...lets stick together and become the best that we can!
Naija Represent,

PUZZLEBOX:cool:

a naija friend of mine from chicago is a 3rd yr there, i can give u his contact email if u have any questions

Hello my people,
Me I be orginal naija. I have a first hand experience of poverty and wealth; a mixed background. Even though I am a British citizen I used to live in a "face my I face you" (I room) with my mother and 3 siblings. Poverty no sabi British Passport.

I am a Lagosian! Attended, Premier in Mushin, Children Home School in Ibadan, Gideon in Isolo, Mt St Michael's in Aliade Benue State, Govt Collegte Epe (95). Ogun Sate Uni for few months. Left for the UK in 1996. Did A-levels, and started Aeorospace Egineering. Left for Morehouse College Atlanta in 1999. Graduated in 2003 (Biology).
Now M1. I thank God that I made it without a green card or the Yankee passport.

The Original Lagos Man

Originally posted by uhs07
Hello my people,
Me I be orginal naija. I have a first hand experience of poverty and wealth; a mixed background. Even though I am a British citizen I used to live in a "face my I face you" (I room) with my mother and 3 siblings. Poverty no sabi British Passport.

I am a Lagosian! Attended, Premier in Mushin, Children Home School in Ibadan, Gideon in Isolo, Mt St Michael's in Aliade Benue State, Govt Collegte Epe (95). Ogun Sate Uni for few months. Left for the UK in 1996. Did A-levels, and started Aeorospace Egineering. Left for Morehouse College Atlanta in 1999. Graduated in 2003 (Biology).
Now M1. I thank God that I made it without a green card or the Yankee passport.

The Original Lagos Man

Na wa oh my broda

I'M REPRESENTING SOUTH AFRICA!!
holla!

Morehouse School of Medicine Class of 2007
WHAT!! WHAT!!

very cool. Did you ever live in S. Africa? I'd love to go there.

i actually left there when i was 4 and grew up here. i've been back countless times b/c most of my relatives (grandmother, cousins, aunts, uncles etc.) are there.

Hey ya'll Nigerian gal here its nice to see everyone on the forum :D

RAwe said:
Hey ya'll Nigerian gal here its nice to see everyone on the forum :D

Hey there my fellow Naija sistah, welcome aboard!! :clap:

Hey Lotanna Thank you for the welcome,
:rolleyes:
I am born and raised in NY and went back along with my sister to live for one year at Ife. I miss it, as most of my TV time is spent watching AIT via satellite. Soon I'll be a non-trad applicant and I'm now preparing to study for the Aug. MCAT.

Members don't see this ad :)
RAwe said:
Hey Lotanna Thank you for the welcome,
:rolleyes:
I am born and raised in NY and went back along with my sister to live for one year at Ife. I miss it, as most of my TV time is spent watching AIT via satellite. Soon I'll be a non-trad applicant and I'm now preparing to study for the Aug. MCAT.

Nice nice, I wish I had AIT, my bro and I were actually thinking about ordering the dish. I actually just came back from a 2week med mission to Nigeria, we were in Akwa Ibom, and it was thru SNMA/Drs for a United Med mission, and it was an awesome experience. Plus the suya was on point :D
I'm non trad, grad from undergrad in 2001, did my masters and startin this fall. Goodluck studyin for MCAT, I'd say Examkrackers all the way, wish i knew about it the 1st time around, and seeing that I took it more than once, maybe I might be able to offer some form of advice, that way its a much easier process from you. Hey I'd be more than helpful to make sure someone benfits from my mistakes!! :p

lotanna said:
Nice nice, I wish I had AIT, my bro and I were actually thinking about ordering the dish. I actually just came back from a 2week med mission to Nigeria, we were in Akwa Ibom, and it was thru SNMA/Drs for a United Med mission, and it was an awesome experience. Plus the suya was on point :D
I'm non trad, grad from undergrad in 2001, did my masters and startin this fall. Goodluck studyin for MCAT, I'd say Examkrackers all the way, wish i knew about it the 1st time around, and seeing that I took it more than once, maybe I might be able to offer some form of advice, that way its a much easier process from you. Hey I'd be more than helpful to make sure someone benfits from my mistakes!! :p

Emedi Lotanna, Oba dia!
Akwa Ibom!?!?? My second mother! (My Godmother or my mother's bestest best friend) is from Akwa Ibom!:clap: I am Yoruba so lemme know if my diction is correct
;)

Whoowhoo! I do love me some suya, its always the first dish to go at her parties thats for sure.....Examkrackers? You're right, i've been planning on gettin the whole shebang, from all the books, 1001 stuff and audiosmosis as well. I figure it'll cost me around $560 or so... my only problem is coming up with the cash flow to support it :confused: Thank You for your help I'm sure I'll need it this MCAT business is nooo joke. :)

RAwe said:
Emedi Lotanna, Oba dia!
Akwa Ibom!?!?? My second mother! (My Godmother or my mother's bestest best friend) is from Akwa Ibom!:clap: I am Yoruba so lemme know if my diction is correct
;)

Whoowhoo! I do love me some suya, its always the first dish to go at her parties thats for sure.....Examkrackers? You're right, i've been planning on gettin the whole shebang, from all the books, 1001 stuff and audiosmosis as well. I figure it'll cost me around $560 or so... my only problem is coming up with the cash flow to support it :confused: Thank You for your help I'm sure I'll need it this MCAT business is nooo joke. :)

Girl i wouldnt know I understand Yoruba better even plus I'm Igbo, but I picked up some Ibibio like Abadie, 'Mesere and Kpo(pain) :laugh:It was definitely a great experience, all the students/docs on the trip loved it, and i'll prob do it again next yr.
Yup EK baby!!! I'm their free PR person, EK saved my life and my med schl career :rolleyes: Try and buy it used for folks on here, or lookout for great deals, walmart.com is prob cheapest place online.
I wish i discovered SDN like 4yrs ago, but its all good, u'll be fine!! :clap:

Ghanaian here :clap: It's great to see all u dedicated Africans in persuit of something as prestigious as the MD/DO.
Anyone going to Howard, RWJ or MCG?

Originally from Mo007:
"I always wondered how students feel about Howard - not being sarcastic or anything - but since it is predominantly an African-American School, I never met anyone who attended that school or will be attending there.

Kendra: do you mind sharing with us what your reasons for thinking about attending Howard are? and your experience while you was there for the interview."

I interviewed and got accepted to howard :clap: I want to answer your question but don't know exactly what your asking. However, I'll try my best to answer what I think you may be wondering. The interview went relatively smooth- the food could have been better- but good overall. I noticed the level of dedication and professionalism from the MSes so my guess is that they liked where they were and who (African-Americans) they were with.

Oh yeah, i will be going back to Accra next month to relax and see the sights before gettin' locked down in August. :D

Superwuwu said:
Oh yeah, i will be going back to Accra next month to relax and see the sights before gettin' locked down in August. :D

Akwaba!! Eti senyi (sp?) Wo ho te sen :D
Welcome aboard!! I'd do anything for a jar of chito :(

Superwuwu said:

Same here, I am definetly going to Niga in June to chill before the tough road ahead.

supereagles said:
Same here, I am definetly going to Niga in June to chill before the tough road ahead.

I just came from Naija :D

Yay!
I'm so happy to see our people doing well, and entering such a competitive field. We need more of our people to be doctors so that we can go back to the mother country and give back. As you can tell, i'm Igbo. My parents were raised in Onicha, but I was born here. I haven't been to visit for almost a year and a half. I will be an MSI this fall. Nothing but love for my people! :love:

I'm not West African..I'm Southern African, but I love to hear West Africans sing-speaking their languages. Mmmmm, beautiful absolutely!!

I'm probably the youngest here. I'll be starting college this fall (pre-med), any advice for me at all? I'd appreciate it.

sup igbophysician, i'm from onistha as well, actually my dad's from onistha and my mom's filipino-chinese. great to see another non-igbo ibo (ask your folks about it, they'll know what i mean). :D
hope to see more of you on the boards.

lotanna, didn't know you were a girl, great to see you're still on the boards. holler......

Hi guys, I'm Nigeria too... efik, but I speak Ibo fairly well :) Graduating from Georgia Tech in 1 week (YAY!!!) and headed back to the West coast for med school (UC Davis SOM). Holla @ your girl.

Hey Wazobia, yup I'm still here lurking around, I'm all WOMAN too :D speakin of Onitsha, i might be there this dec, my cousin is from Onitsha and is getting married, so we're coming down to take Onitsha by storm! :p

@MoDPhu, I was just in Efik and Ibibio land on a med mission trip in March. Are u from Calabar? I'm Igbo but just found out I have relatives in Ishi town. :thumbup: Chek ur messages

Welcome aboard igbophy, in regards to giving back, u should check out goin on a med mission trip to nigeria, now I know for sure that I HAVE to give back.

@Shrami, thanks we try :laugh:

igbophysician said:
Yay!
I'm so happy to see our people doing well, and entering such a competitive field. We need more of our people to be doctors so that we can go back to the mother country and give back. As you can tell, i'm Igbo. My parents were raised in Onicha, but I was born here. I haven't been to visit for almost a year and a half. I will be an MSI this fall. Nothing but love for my people! :love:

I can't decide if I would be happy going back and being a doctor in Niga. I am just happy to get in med school here. Is anyone else going to downstate or MSSM?

supereagles said:

Hey, watch your language! Don't be using the "N" word like that!
Perhaps you meant to type NAIJA.

PROPH...

prophecy2 said:
Hey, watch your language! Don't be using the "N" word like that!
Perhaps you meant to type NAIJA.

PROPH...

My bad, Igwe one of umuahia :cool:

prophecy2 said:
Heeeeeeeegeeeeeeeeeeee!

I always got much love for Umuahia, y'all are my mother's people :D

lotanna said:
I always got much love for Umuahia, y'all are my mother's people :D

Your pop igbo too? Keep representing, girl!

proph...

prophecy2 said:
Your pop igbo too? Keep representing, girl!

proph...

yup yup str8 :laugh:

Last edited:
igbo gal here! :thumbup:

ok all igbo and non-igbo peeps read along with me O-N-I-T-S-H-A, i know it's not an english word but that's how it's spelt. :)

Another Nigerian (Igbo) here, and a new member to the forums.

I just finished my first undergrad year. I've finally decided to focus on pre-dent, so I'm gonna start preparing myself during my sophomore year.

trueinthegame said:
Another Nigerian (Igbo) here, and a new member to the forums.

I just finished my first undergrad year. I've finally decided to focus on pre-dent, so I'm gonna start preparing myself during my sophomore year.

LOL this thread has turned into the Nigerian one, just like Nigerians to take things over :laugh:

ibo_man on here is finishing up his 1st yr in dental schl at SIU, and my best friend is starting his 4th yr at University of Michigan dental schl, so feel free to holla if u have any questions.

ffakinyemi said:
I am a yoruba finished from UNO in new orleans and will be starting med school at LSU school of med in new orleans (class of 2008) this fall.

LOL, wassup people, lets not discriminate...Haba! Bushbaby and lakun are. But its all naija love, I'm wazobia, Omo naija ni mi, bawoni, she da da ni? :laugh:

Hey apple 638,
I'm a Liberia too, but I usually on the dental forums. which part of liberia are you from if you remember :D anywhere. what are you studying? pm me

Hey apple 638,
I'm a Liberian too, but I'm usually on the dental forums. which part of liberia are you from if you remember :D anywhere. what are you studying? I will be starting my first year of dental school this fall. pm me if you have any question for me

Cross said:
Hey apple 638,
I'm a Liberian too, but I'm usually on the dental forums. which part of liberia are you from if you remember :D anywhere. what are you studying? I will be starting my first year of dental school this fall. pm me if you have any question for me

hey had a lot of Liberian friends, my church was like 80% Liberian, the whole 9. I just wanted to say hello, who knows we might know the same people :)

Last edited:
Wow...na wa o! I could not beleive my eyes when I stumbled on this thread!! Naija is well represented! I am orginally from Enugu state, grew up in Benin city. I attended greater tomorrow secondary school then moved to Ohio 4 years ago. Graduated from college last wekend and I am still on a couple of waitlists for med school (Creighton/ Indiana) hopefully get in somewhere in the fall.
Keep this thread going!
Quemesia!

I'm Cape Verdean. Please tell me you know where Cape Verde Is.

nikkie said:
I'm Cape Verdean. Please tell me you know where Cape Verde Is.

fo sho!!! :thumbup:
Viva Cabo Verde!! :D, right on atlantic left of senegal/gambia.
done a lot of reading on ur people/culture, pretty unique, somewhere I'd like to go to. My dad has been there and says its pretty nice and laidback.
You speak Krioulu/Criol?

Bien sure! I speak Criolo and I am not too bad in French. Cabo Verde is a beautiful country full of "culture" and history. A call it "an island window to Africa" and a living example of the consequences (mostly good, but some bad) of colonialism or as the Portuguese like to say it now, a meeting of two cultures (PC for colonialism). Alors, salut Lotanna.

I am also Nigerian, from Edo State but grew up in Lagos though, so I speak Yoruba. Went to Secondary school in Lagos, but finished high school here. Starting Med School at UMiami in the fall. GO CANES!! Hello to all my fellow Nigerians. I am so happy to see all of you representing the motherland.

Peace
Naira :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Wow, the nigerian are representin' big time. I come from Ivory Coast :oops: