Any good anesthesiology electives in Philadelphia area?

Started by droors
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

droors

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys-

The anesthesiology sub-I at my school is full, so I need to find another hospital in Philly (in 2 weeks!!!). Anyone here know of a good place where I'll be able to get great teaching, be able to do procedures, and get a LOR? Please post here or PM me if you have any info.

THanks!
 
droors said:
Hey guys-

The anesthesiology sub-I at my school is full, so I need to find another hospital in Philly (in 2 weeks!!!). Anyone here know of a good place where I'll be able to get great teaching, be able to do procedures, and get a LOR? Please post here or PM me if you have any info.

THanks!


The short answer is: Sure, try Drexel, Penn, Temple or Jefferson. Or UMDNJ in Camden.

Only a guess here, but the Penn slots are probably gobbled up by the gunners by now. I didn't rotate through Drexel but I went to school there and know some of the staff are very friendly reportedly like to teach.
 
FYI drexel told me that they are all booked up until the spring (big suprise). i lucked out and got a month at umdnj (cooper hospital) in october. the lady at temple said that the docs their like students to stay at least 3 weeks. try jeff
 
peep346 said:
FYI drexel told me that they are all booked up until the spring (big suprise). i lucked out and got a month at umdnj (cooper hospital) in october. the lady at temple said that the docs their like students to stay at least 3 weeks. try jeff

Yea, I called Drexel today and they're full. UPenn is full. I'll try Jeff tomorrow, though finding an open spot for next month is going to be near impossible... Any students at the above schools know? I keep talking to secretaries who I'm not sure i can trust... thanks!