Any harm in blogging about the application season and decision-making process?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MedicalAuthor

Class of Twenty Seventeen
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to get back to my blog (theinkroad.blogspot.com) and a big part of my life right now is interviewing. Obviously I wouldn't do anything like violate my confidentiality agreement for an MMI, for example, or say something stupidly specific, like I didn't like this person with name.

But I was wondering if it's potentially harmful to share my thoughts on schools, where they rank, and how that rank changes as the season goes. For example, saying that I love a certain school but will, sadly, probably end up not going there because it is not an ideal location for me and my family.

Basically I want to start journaling to help me make a decision when it comes time to, and possibly kill two birds with one stone by getting content up on my blog at the same time. Thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

I don't see why not. Many people on here have blogs. I am keeping my blog address to myself until the cycle is over, then I may add it to my signature. Since you have already given your blog address here, you'll just have to make sure your entries do not identify you (if you care), or say something that may be misinterpreted. Otherwise, I think blogging can be a priceless gift, a journal you give to yourself years later when you look back. It also helps immensely for clarifying your thoughts and decision making. I'd go for it. Highly doubt adcoms and med students on adcoms have time to read pre-med blogs. Maybe the med students on here will weigh in soon. I'd go with whatever they say :D

Last edited:
I did this with my MDApps. As long as you don't identify yourself (or make yourself identifiable) there's absolutely no harm in doing so. I don't think there's even harm in doing if you're identified, but don't expect to hear good things from a school you don't sing the praises of.

Members don't see this ad :)
...but don't expect to hear good things from a school you don't sing the praises of.

this is the reason I wouldn't do this. Schools dont like to give out acceptances they know won't be reciprocated, so what you say can impact acceptances. Best to wait and blog about it once you have an acceptance in hand.