Any Hunter People out there?!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pumpkinpies

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does any one have any first or second hand experience with CUNY Hunter? I know that they have a pretty good reputation academically but I just came from the pre med and they seemed pretty detached and uncaring. PLease let me know if I am wrong, but I get the feeling that you'd be pretty much out there on your own if you went there for pre med. What has been your experience?

Members don't see this ad.

It may sound as if "Hunter College" is a nice, tiny school situated amongst rolling hills, but the truth is it's part of the grossly mismanaged CUNY system and it's on the Upper East Side. Of course you'll just be a number at Hunter!

The one redeeming quality for Hunter, however, is that their premed grads actually do pretty well. There are a bunch of Hunter postbaccs in my class and they're all doing well.

Good luck.

Tim of New York City.

Any idea on how Polytechnic University of brooklyn graduates stand in the med school admissions process? Is it a well-known school in it's reputation?

Members don't see this ad :)
It's a reputable engineering school, but I can't say for certain how their graduates do in med school admissions. I can say, however, that relatively few of their students are even premed.

Are you premed? What year are you at Poly? If you are headed to med school, I suggest transferring.

Tim of New York City.

I'm a sophmore at poly, one of a handful of premeds actually. Tranferring is pretty much not an option financially, and considering the amount of time spent so far getting in with the "crowd", starting all over somewhere else doesn't seem like a good idea. I'm relatively happy so far, just no one to talk to. Pre med's are minute less than 1%.

Hi there: I just graduated from hunter college and my experience was definetely a positive one. Hunter is just like any other large academic institution, no one there is going to give you hugs and make you feel all warm and fuzzy. The academic level there is great, you'll be challenged every step of the way. Further more, if you're really motivated you can get into a lab and build a rapport with one of the professors, most of them are really receptive to undergrads. So overall, I strongly recommend this school; its a great buy for the money!!!