How do people get full merit scholarships into medical school?

Started by Meria
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Meria

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I read about people who get these scholarships and I am wondering what requirements I need to get them and where to apply.
 
Most schools with merit scholarships automatically consider all accepted students for these scholarships; you don't need to do anything extra. If you get accepted to a school that offers merit money, the best thing you can do is to accept your offer quickly and complete any [non-binding] intent/registration forms + submit financial aid stuff so that your profile moves into merit money consideration early.
 
Varies from school to school, some use them to recruit specific categories, others use them as academic merit scholarships.