Any ideas as to how I should avoid repaying loans with interest?

Started by A63. A
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I can't imagine asking an employer to loan you the money, but to pay a portion of your wages to your lender would not be significantly different from what is customarily done for court-ordered payments like alimony, spousal support or child support. It's generally an 'administrative/accounting' task really, that barely qualifies as a 'special favor'.
Excellent suggestion. I will consider this option.

Thanks a lot
 
OP, I would have thought that your religious community would be able to give you guidance. I assume that you're not the first member of your community to go to college or graduate school. Those people, or your clergy, would be able to advise you on what does and doesn't work for them.

I believe that most Christians and Jews no longer are bound by restrictions against interest, but many Muslims are. I believe that some get around the restrictions by structuring loans as investments, in which extra money is paid not as interest, but as profits. Perhaps someone with more knowledge on how that works could correct me or expound on that.