Any Indians here?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
p

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I m a hindustani too from hyderabad........going to start pharmacy school at Pacific University in oregon. I dont know if any Indians/pakistanis will be with me in school. I hope there are:).

Is any indian here going to Pacific or does anyone know someone who is going?:confused:

I m a hindustani too from hyderabad........going to start pharmacy school at Pacific University in oregon. I dont know if any Indians/pakistanis will be with me in school. I hope there are:).

Is any indian here going to Pacific or does anyone know someone who is going?:confused:

Hey am applying to pacific, OR this year... give me information about the school.. if you can thanks

Members don't see this ad :)

hey,me to from hyderabad ,india...i have completed pharmacy in india....planning to do pharmD.wat do u suggest me to do?

Hey i am indian
planning to apply to UNC, campbell, wingate, and mercer

GPA = 3.4
Science GPA = 3.3
No pharmacy experience

WOW lots of indians in this forum.....i never expected so many indians would populate
sdn. I too am an Indian(south). I speak Tamil. Well anyways I am applying to a couple of pharmacy colleges. I started a thread 2008-2009 Pharmacy Colleges APPLICATION MATERIALS(VERY HELPFUL). Check it out. I have personally put together application materials and more info on all the pharmacy colleges I can find in the US and now it is at your disposal. It took me 2 days to put together the extensive list. Here is a link to the post.
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=548111

Good luck to all Fall 2009 Applicants for the PharmD program

Peace out
-Prasath

Mujh Ko Pachan Loh

................Main Hou Don

:D

Punjabi........born and raised in Vancouver, BC
Just got accepted into the UBC pharm program :)

hey everyone!

i JUST got accepted to Touro University California for Pharmacy! :) YEAH! any indians gonna be there, HOLLA! o btw, i'm southy... :)

Question: So, being Indian we're obviously quite represented in programs such as Pharmacy... do you think we have the un-advantage as compared to other minorities? Do any of you think you may not get accepted based on the fact that we are Indian?

For example: You vs. African American (Or any other minority) both have the same stats, same demographics, same experiences.. Basically very similar would the other person be selected to meet quota?

This stuff stresses me out... damn all you Indians why do we all gotta do the same thing... hehe :D

i dont think so kirang...i mean if you are really qualified, you will get in no matter what. you shouldnt get your hopes down by thinking about such things.

hey everyone!

i JUST got accepted to Touro University California for Pharmacy! :) YEAH! any indians gonna be there, HOLLA! o btw, i'm southy... :)

Congrats!!!!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
hey everyone!

OMG!! Congrats!! ndnpharmgrl I just withdrew from Touro this morning... I told you start packing!! congrats I am so exited for youuuuuu

wow, I had no idea there were so many other mallus on here! I know a lotta indians going back to india to study pharmacy or medicine and then, planning to come back here to the us to work. What do u guys think of that? I know some who cant get jobs when they come here but I have seen success stories as well...

I wouldn't want to go to India, why not just stay here? Unless cost is an issue or something.

hey this is mohit from india.. and i have applied to usc , rutgers , purdue and ucsf, ........ i have done pre-pharmacy from india and got a gpa of 3.67 can u please tell how much chances i have of getting into one of those schools............ :)

Gujju...Born and Raised in Toronto...University of Toronto Faculty of Pharmacy

U lucky DUCK!!!

I'm pakistani from toronto.... go brown pple woot woot!!!!!!!:laugh:

I'm all for everyone getting into pharmacy school, and I happen to be of colored descent, but "brown" people? Wonder how much flak a white person would get for saying "go white people".....

Gotta love the irony in that.

I'm all for everyone getting into pharmacy school, and I happen to be of colored descent, but "brown" people? Wonder how much flak a white person would get for saying "go white people".....

Gotta love the irony in that.

I didn't mean it as in getting into pharm school...my second comment was separate from congratulating that person for gettin into UBC.. I'm surprised with how many brown people there are here

Hey mere pyare desi's.... i need ure help badly!! just came from india a few months bk n was tryin to figure out wat to do as everybody i chose pharmacy....im putting up in NYC !! right now thinking to apply into 3rd year as transfer student in Albany n LIU as they are approachable.... but if selection nai hua toh band baj jayega so wanted to know other nearby low competitive pharm colleges i cud apply to as a back up(easy to get in types!!).... plzz suggest!!
GPA 3.83
Registered for Oct PCAT
Taking Prerequist classes at Cuny
Need suggestion to pick up colleges

-Thanxxxx

I'm Indian too! I'm applying to UOP this year! :)

Hi I am also Gujju in Cambridge MA. Applied to MCPHS Worcester for Fall 09. Anybody else applying there.
Goooooooooooo Indians.:thumbup:

Im Indian too, basically from Gujarat, have lived mostly in MP.
Applied to many schools, got interview from four universities, finished 2, and 2 more to go.
Wish us all good luck so we can get in to the program this year and be there to help each other.
LOve BHARAT.:love:

Hi I am also Gujju in Cambridge MA. Applied to MCPHS Worcester for Fall 09. Anybody else applying there.
Goooooooooooo Indians.:thumbup:
I had interview there last week, god knows what will happen!

Hey am applying to pacific, OR this year... give me information about the school.. if you can thanks
I read ur post that u got accepted to USN.
I have interview there on Mar 7th, is there any way u can help me with the application essay questions, I made a stupid mistake,I just sent them application without making copy of the application. SO don't know what the questions were. Please help me.

Gujarati from So. Cal; gonna try out the snow in CHicago @ MWU-CHicago. gonna miss the sandals (rainbows) though.

Anyone interviewing at Touro NY, LECOM Erie, or Harding in AR??? I am also Indian, a Gujju!!!

Anyone interviewing at Touro NY, LECOM Erie, or Harding in AR??? I am also Indian, a Gujju!!!

ive done harding, most definitely not a school for indians, especially gujus,

im guju too

Do u have an interview for there? I do for April 17th

i had one in January. went there and immediately was turned off by the school, the surrounding areas, and the faculty. not worth the 4 years and definitely not worth the money you will be spending going there. totally unimpressed.

heyy i'm from cali too! are u from southern cali or norcal? i'm from socal :)

Hi,Nice to meet you...I am indian. and I am from northcalifornia.In which university you got admission? Have you done your pharmacy from India or not? I have done from India. I applied in USN and NOVA, but still wating for intervview call? Can you give me more college are easy to get admmision?

Oh cool....good to see a lot hindustani janta in here... Well I am an Indian too.And gonna apply to UF, Nova and lecom this year..

Ok guys....lets make it more interesting.....I actually came from india for studying here..........I am on F1 status.....

How many of you are ABCD's.?.......lolzzzzz

Last edited:
Oh cool....good to see a lot hindustani janta in here... Well I am an Indian too.And gonna apply to UF, Nova and lecom this year..

Ok guys....lets make it more interesting.....I actually came from india for studying here..........I am on F1 status.....

How many of you are ABCD's.?.......lolzzzzz

I would probably be consisted an ABCD or a coconut, but saying that I am proud of my heritage. I'm just am not really big into the cultural events like Gurba and what not.

oh thats great.........Cemented.....So are you still taking classes.....when did you apply to the schools........

Still taking classes I applied as soon as the system let me.

punjabi..going to UCSD for Fall 2009

guju from the suburbs of Chicago... i got accepted into midwestern-ccp and i interview with UIC in march

Still taking classes I applied as soon as the system let me.

so you mean there is a wait for applying to pharmacy schools. Coz I am gonna apply by the end of this year.....So when will it be the best time to apply..

so you mean there is a wait for applying to pharmacy schools. Coz I am gonna apply by the end of this year.....So when will it be the best time to apply..

PharmCAS opens up for the new years application on June 1. Gear up for that date, you want to be ready to fill out the application as soon as possible and SUBMIT. The earlier the better.

Thanks Jiva for telling me that pharmcas application starts from June. I never would have known that. But I had a question. To apply to pharmcas do we need to finish our pre reqs and give the pcat. Or is it like completing your paperwork. Because I am giving my pcat in august and pre reqs will be over by spring of 2010..... And I am trying hard to get into a pharmacy school in 2010.........

Hi.... I am indian too, I appied in SNU and nova. I am waiting for interview call. Any one got interview call from these two university?

yep I am an indian too from kerala. P2 student at LIU hopefully get into P3 here at LIU.

Hi.... I am indian too, I appied in SNU and nova. I am waiting for interview call. Any one got interview call from these two university?

i got an interview at Nova, but i turned it down once i got into Midwestern... i'm just prayin to get into UIC. but anyways goodluck!