Any insight on my chances for admission to a post bac?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

SamuraiIAmurai

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi. I am applying to post bac programs at AU, Georgetown, and Loyola University- Chicago, and I was hoping someone could give me some insight into my chances of being admitted.

I graduated from a top 15 liberal arts college with a BA in humanities 5 years ago. While at school, I took some math and psych classes (3.25 average), and my undergraduate GPA was 3.35.

Additionally, I spent 3 years working in education before transitioning to development 2 years ago. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks.
 
this is a stickied thread. it's by an admissions staff of an SMP and it describes what his school looks for in applicants. you can also email the schools and ask them what the average matriculant is made of to compare yourself to.
 
I'm in the same boat as you so I'm also interested in what people think my chances are with a 3.4 cGPA undergrad for an application out to Georgetown PBPM.

Originally I applied to NYU and USC both of which I was rejected from, but I believe their requirements are quite a bit higher than Georgetown.

I'm also have an application being processed for Harvard Extension School. From what I understand they will allow anyone to study as long as they have a bachelors.
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just got an email this afternoon stating that Georgetown will be holding my application for review until my current spring 2012 transcript (taking Biology II and Anatomy and Physiology) becomes available. *sigh*
 
Thanks, chiddler. I am actually interested in the post bac and not the MPS. I was hoping someone might have some stats they could share. Steele, good luck with your application!