Any interview invite from USC?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

grettlin2

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just wonder anyone gets the invitation from usc for interview? How many rounds do they actually have? I receive three letters from them so far, and each one states I pass one round. So far, I pass three rounds. oh..my.. How long do they have to take???

Members don't see this ad.

Just come back from school and a classmate who also applies dental schools this year said he received USC's interview invite on 10/17??!!!!! I am so surprised that I just called them yesterday and they said they haven't sent out any interview invite. Any idea??

Hi Grettlin

I talked to Eva today and she said they haven;t sent any interviews yet. THat's odd, makes me even more impatient now.

Have you been getting their letters telling you that you made to the next round?

I haven't received any thing since I passed the first round. =(

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi maryh320. I totally received three letters from USC. I am in third round now. When did you complete your file at USC? I talked to Eva too, and she said exactly the same thing.
I am not familiar with the classmate, but I would ask him to make sure. I will let you know if I get anything new.

I double checked with USC today, 10/2. No interview invite has been issued. They said the first interview might start in last October due to the delay of the progress. We will receive an email and the mail at the same time if we are selected for interviews.

so do you get a letter for each round you pass? I havent received a single one. The last thing i got was a letter saying they received my money and that was about 1 month ago!!!

Yea.. I received three letters from them so far. One application receipt, one that I can assume I am at high priority, and one the I passed third round also indicating I am at the most critical round for interview now.

When did you submit your application? It might be the factor that they really process the application slowly. See..until late October, no interview will be held. You can feel comparing to case western. I think we might just wait until late October and see what happen.

I submitted my app on july 10th, but my letters of rec were kind of late. probably got to schools in mid september. Funny thing is i was invited for an interview at case a couple weeks ago....and I'm a resident of california too

East coast schools move quickly. In CA, only U of P and Loma Linda start interviewing students. UCLA - I heard they started processing application on 9/15.

Grettlin,

So what about that friend of yours who got an interview? what was that all about? just curious

mary

Actually, I won't meet him until next Monday, but I might not ask him anything. We all know interview invites won't send out until almost the middle of Oct.:laugh:

Hey, I understand your frustration. USC does take a bit more time than other schools. It can become some what frustrating when deposits are due for other schools and there's still no word from USC. Don't give up and just contact Eva periodically!

Cheers!

anyone know if USC has a 12th round?

also can you score a knockout?:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Ahmad. USC changes their "12th" round criteria to "24th" rule this year. So, more letters will be expected from them.:laugh:

If you guys noticed someone posts that she gets an interview invite from USC because she has connections. It means we all might expect to receive some words from SC next week. The committee won't just process her case and then, go to the lunch and meet after two weeks. So, cross our fingers!

Finally, I passed "24" rounds. Just get an email from Eva today for USC interview on Oct. 13. According to the email, they only offer 10/10 and 10/13 interviews currently, and more will come in the later time. Anyway, I am so excited!!!:)

Congradulation
Do they give interviewee 3 to 5 days to prepare for their interviews?
So how many rounds are there?

Good luck with your interview.

YAHOOOO!

I GOT IT TOO!!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

I got an interview too. Oct. 10 or 13th is way too short notice though! I live in St. Louis and to buy a flight for this Thursday night would cost over a $1000.

congratulations to you all who have gotten USC interviews.

just make sure you know all about the PBL system. good luck to you and its so good to see that you guys are getting the interviews!

ecdoesit. There are 4 rounds for them to make the decisions, I guess. "24" rounds or "12" rounds are just a joke since they are so slow.

Perfect. Call them and ask them to pull your file to make sure everything is inside. I did this one month ago. I think it is a good idea to give them a little push. If you are interested in the PBL curriculum, focus your eye on ISDU and USC. If you get questions about USC, you might PM me.