Any "lag" on prometric computers?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kreinstein

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been scoring very well on Bootcamp PAT subject tests, and I think mainly because I've adopted the strategy of jumping directly to my quick/high yield sections and then coming back to the front. Basically when I start I jump directly to angle ranking, clicking next on each question to get there instead of going to "review" because I've read from others that "review" won't show up until you've seen every question. I then do hole punching, cube counting and pattern folding in order, coming back to TFE and then finally keyholes. I know the order is pretty silly but it has greatly improved my scores.

My concern is that when taking the actual test the prometric computer could "lag" or load really slowly when spamming the next button to get to angle ranking quickly. Also would like to confirm if I'll be able to use a "review" to jump back to TFE/Keyholes or if on the actual test I'll have to spam "previous"

I almost feel goofy asking but know theres a method to the madness, these 22s on bootcamp PAT subject tests have been huge confidence boosts. If anybody has used a similar method in the past please let me know how it worked when taking the actual test! I appreciate the help

Members don't see this ad.

There is definitely a slight lag, and there are about 30 questions between the first keyhole question and the first angle ranking question. You might take up a minute or so clicking through them all.

I had to click through some questions in the natural sciences section because I was trying to find a specific question, and the clicking noise was terribly loud, plus the lag... it ate up a minute of my time.

Why not just do a speed run through the keyhole and TFE sections? Mark the hard ones (e.g. rock), get the easy ones and come back later.

There is definitely a slight lag, and there are about 30 questions between the first keyhole question and the first angle ranking question. You might take up a minute or so clicking through them all.

I had to click through some questions in the natural sciences section because I was trying to find a specific question, and the clicking noise was terribly loud, plus the lag... it ate up a minute of my time.

Why not just do a speed run through the keyhole and TFE sections? Mark the hard ones (e.g. rock), get the easy ones and come back later.
Thanks for the reply, I'll try on working through these sections first and faster. I'm good with TFE, keyholes just eat up a lot of time and destroy my confidence a little. Knowing I'd lose a couple minutes on the test helps out a lot, thanks again