Any last words of advice for interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

DrSpontaneouz83

Junior Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys,
I am heading out tomorrow night to PCO for a friday morning interview. I am now feeling a bit of the jitters considering this is my top choice school. Anyone go to a PCO interview recently? If anyone could provide me with some advice (ie; some questions that were asked).. that would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!

Thank you.
 
Hey guys,
I am heading out tomorrow night to PCO for a friday morning interview. I am now feeling a bit of the jitters considering this is my top choice school. Anyone go to a PCO interview recently? If anyone could provide me with some advice (ie; some questions that were asked).. that would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!

Thank you.

You can't go wrong with practicing with somebody. Have a friend ask questions listed on the interviewing section of my website:
http://www.optstudent.com/interviewing.html

Or if you can't go over the questions w/ someone, then you can also write down sample responses to these questions then go over them (but don't memorize responses...just get the drift!). That's what I did (on top of doing a mock interview with a friend) and it seemed to help a lot.
 
Alferec,
Thank you for your input my friend. It really is nice to know that most people on the Optometry SDN are not as competitve and savage as other programs (ie; dental,med school). Hope it's the same in school.

Thanx again.